8 year surgiversary

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
At this time 8 years ago, I was in the OR completely oblivious to what was happening. I got my life back. I'd probably still be here but I was miserable. And every doctor I saw, regardless of the reason, only saw a morbidly obese female.

This morning, I woke up and actually weighed during the week. I typically only weigh on Sundays. But it's still the same as it was this past Sunday, 143. Normal BMI.
I'm still wearing clothes I wore two years after my surgery when my weight stabilized.
I don't take cholesterol meds or any other of the meds (except metformin) I was on before surgery. I traded them all for vitamins and minerals.

The DS didn't change the fact that my body needs NSAIDS to function due to arthritis. But I need far less than I did.
It didn't keep my diabetes in remission. I was in the unlucky 2-5% that it doesn't. But I am still off insulin.
I still have saggy skin from all my weight
I have had to have two iron infusions since my DS. I still get my lab work done every six months if possible. (hard to do on the road, getting my PCP to cooperate)

My ONLY regret, not doing it much sooner.

Latest posts

Back