Steroids are MAGIC!

I'm glad the injections helped. :) I had one in my foot for plantar fasciitis, and I also found relief. I hope Dr. Doogie will be able to find a long-term fix for you as well.
My sister had that condition, too. It was sooo painful.

Another type that hurt like hell are ones in the hand. I have Dupuyten's Contraction...Not bad as I could still lay my hand flat on a table so my orthopedic doctor did steroid shots around the nodules to shrink them. They aren't completely gone but far smaller than they use to be. Today I got a shot in my left knee and one in my left hand for a trigger finger. I suspect surgery to release that is in my future but not yet. I had that in my right in 2015. Two rounds in my right hand then the surgery.

I also had follow up xrays on my knees, they are finally bone on bone so I can move forward in June with replacement knee surgery. Both my parents had knee surgery, so did my younger sister but she ruined hers at a young age. My Mother was 68, My daddy held off til 82. I told my doctor I wanted to get to 70 and I will be 70 in June.

I also had follow up xrays on my knees, they are finally bone on bone so I can move forward in June with replacement knee surgery. Both my parents had knee surgery, so did my younger sister but she ruined hers at a young age. My Mother was 68, My daddy held off til 82. I told my doctor I wanted to get to 70 and I will be 70 in June.

A friend of mine had both her knees replaced and healed pretty well. She's way younger than you, so you've done well to hold off!

Steroids offer me great pain relief orally but injections usually have never helped my spine. I’m glad it’s working for you! One less thing hurting is always nice!

My GP back in Texas looked so young that I told her she didn’t look old enough to even have finished college let alone medical school. I think her family was from Afghanistan so her melanin keeps her looking young. It was a bit ironic that we were pregnant together though!! Except I had a geriatric pregnancy and she just was pregnant with no extra label.

Latest posts

Back