3 month check up...

Txkat

Good News. Bad news. I've lost 48% of my excess weight, and with a pretty low maintenance vitamin regimen, all my numbers were good. Potassium was a little low, but I've had so much vomiting and diarrhea that is t concerning anybody. They told me to eat a banana in my protein smoothly or have a low cal Gatorade after working out. So, the bad news, I'm going in for surgery Tuesday to have my gallbladder removed. My surgeon is actually flying back from a conference to do it himself, which impressed me, but I'm still not looking forward to my third surgery in 6 months.

Sorry for ANOTHER surgery but I'm sure it is for the best. Glad to see your well on your way down in the weight department and still able to work out. At 2 weeks out I think I'm going to get back on the weight training train, I physically feel great (and mentally miss it terribly).

Good luck with your surgery and I hope It stops the unpleasantness your experiencing

I'm sorry you are having to have another surgery. IF more surgeons (MINE included) would just take out the gall bladder AND appendix while they did our WLS, life would be so much easier.

I was back in surgery 6 months after my DS to have my damned gall bladder removed so yeah, it sucks!

Good News. Bad news. I've lost 48% of my excess weight, and with a pretty low maintenance vitamin regimen, all my numbers were good. Potassium was a little low, but I've had so much vomiting and diarrhea that is t concerning anybody. They told me to eat a banana in my protein smoothly or have a low cal Gatorade after working out. So, the bad news, I'm going in for surgery Tuesday to have my gallbladder removed. My surgeon is actually flying back from a conference to do it himself, which impressed me, but I'm still not looking forward to my third surgery in 6 months.
Wow....48% EWL in only 3 months is fabulous! Go you!!
Sorry about the gallbladder!!

Sorry for ANOTHER surgery but I'm sure it is for the best. Glad to see your well on your way down in the weight department and still able to work out. At 2 weeks out I think I'm going to get back on the weight training train, I physically feel great (and mentally miss it terribly).

Good luck with your surgery and I hope It stops the unpleasantness your experiencing

Two weeks out might be too early to start back on the weight training. You have been rearranged inside. Please consult your surgeon before resuming exercise.

I'm sorry you are having to have another surgery. IF more surgeons (MINE included) would just take out the gall bladder AND appendix while they did our WLS, life would be so much easier.

I was back in surgery 6 months after my DS to have my damned gall bladder removed so yeah, it sucks!
Not to hijack but mine didn't remove either of those (I wish he had) and I hope I don't need it done later.

Congrats on the excellent weight loss. Sorry about the additional surgery. I hope you feel better soon. Removing the gallbladder may make the diarrhea worse at first. I know I had trouble for a while after mine was removed.

My gallbladder had been removed a few years before my DS so I didn't have to worry about that however, my surgeon refused to remove my appendix. If it fails, I will go to a different surgeon to have it removed.

I experienced the not-too-uncommon complication of bile salt diarrhea with the removal of my gallbladder. I was frustrated that it had not been removed at time of DS, but later I realized my bariatric surgeon had made the right choice as I was grateful to not have had to experience that very unpleasant condition at the same time as recovering from DS/undergoing massive weight loss. I still have my appendix and it had better behave!

My appendix burst in October. I have a stupid high pain tolerance so I'd been going around for a few days with what I thought was a nervous stomach. We were shooting a TV show at the time. SIPS in February, and gallbladder on Tuesday. My surgeon cleared me to work out at my first check up, 12 days after surgery, but my first month, I did everything with a physical therapist, which I would suggest for you, Dave. She modified the regular excercises to make sure I wasn't going to herniate anything or pull any stitches. I had crazy strong abs before surgery though. The most frustrating thing at my appointment was that I found out that the nurse in the hospital gave me a set of discharge instructions for a gastric bypass, and I suffered a lot unnecessarily changing medications etc. granted, I was the first SIPS that had been done in the hospital, but according to the PA, I should have been given instructions for a sleeve patient with moderated supplement instructions. grrr.

Latest posts

Back