12 weeks post op today and flatlined!

BrianChesteen

Glad to be a Loser!
You don't get much more flat lined than this:

2rw0oir.jpg

Weird how sudden and flat it is...

I am just keeping with the plan. Hopefully it will break soon!

The only thing that has changed is the duration of my moderate cardio exercise:

35jcwlz.png

I'm glad it's the weight and not you that flatlined... for a moment there you had me worried.

You've lost a lot of weight in only 3 months and your body has just plateaud for the moment. Hang in there and keep doing what you've been doing... it'll pick up soon I'm sure.

Your body is taking a rest. Are you measuring? I bet you are losing some inches. You cannot continually lose at that rate of speed without a break. Hang in there!

You are doing so well. I would be super frustrated at the stall. I know they are inevitable but, I don't have to like them! Keep up the great work!

i stalled at six weeks. in the first six weeks i lost 75 pounds and then nothing for 5 weeks. it was incredibly frustrating. i have started to lose again but slower than before. Working out that much you may need to up your protein intake, that's what i did and i started to lose again. Good luck and keep plugging away

I'd recommend you focus on the fit of your clothes and the delta between projected and actual, as well as what a good fit your loss has been to that ridiculously steep linear projection. Well done so far, and much more to come!!!!

I'd recommend you focus on the fit of your clothes and the delta between projected and actual, as well as what a good fit your loss has been to that ridiculously steep linear projection. Well done so far, and much more to come!!!!

Just to clarify....That linear line is just the linear trend from Excel. It does not mean much if anything. The red line is my surgeon's claimed average for his patients. The green one is my actual.

Thanks for the great advice!

just a stall, you make it sound terrible! use it to practice getting used to how good you look and feel - and how much smaller your pants need to be already.

:41:

You guys and gals are all correct! It is just a head game!

Today I went to do some maintenance on my airplane. This requires some real contortionist moves to get into the positions required to reach certain things (small cockpit under panel and into tailcone). Before when I was 325lbs I just barely could get in and out without damaging something or hurting myself (got stuck once and thought I was gonna have to have a crane to get me out).

Well today I was able to maneuver with ease! I was able to bend like never before and to get into places without damage or hurting!

A very big NSV for me!

Brian, my favorite thing to do now is to simply cross my legs. Because for decades I could not. Simple things like that make me smile.

You're going to need new shoes when you're all done losing weight, by the way. Believe it or not.

Brian, I have some advice for you: DELETE your surgeon's claimed average. It means nothing to YOUR progress and you're letting it fuck with your mind. I'm seeing that repeatedly in these posts. Do yourself a favor.

Some people need data. I've never understood that. I can look at a baby and tell, within weeks, how old they are. It's a natural gift. I'm a touchy feely person, I go by how I feel and how my clothes fit whether I'm losing or gaining weight. I've never owned a scale and won't allow one in my home. I've seen DSers beat themselves up because they aren't losing weight as fast as someone else did. Some people drop their weight like a brick. Some people float down gently like a feather. They still get there. Who says losing faster is better? It certainly is harder on your kidneys and liver, at the very least.

So weigh and chart if you feel compelled to, Brian. Just don't let an arbitrary number have control over your happiness. Don't let your charted "progress" distract you from the REALLY IMPORTANT things: hydration and protein.

Do you chart your hydration and protein? How about charting your labs on a spreadsheet? I bet you could really have some fun charting your D level and tracking your supplementation of each vitamin.

Do you chart your hydration and protein? How about charting your labs on a spreadsheet? I bet you could really have some fun charting your D level and tracking your supplementation of each vitamin.

Yep sure do. I use MFP to track everything I put in my mouth and it does a good job of keeping up with my dietary intake. Labs...definitely but I am so short out, I have limited data available at this point.

Latest posts

Back