Will I Get This Done Before School Starts Again? My Journey

Happy belated birthday! :) I'm glad you were spoiled as you deserve and have a positive outlook for the year ahead.

I think this is the only time that RLS can be seen as a benefit. :ROFLMAO:

Nothing new going on. My blood work all came back fine. I'm just waiting on my ultrasound on Wednesday.

The preliminary schedule for next school year came out, and I'm back to teaching all freshmen again. I've already got a head start on the first unit thanks to a weeklong professional development course I took last month, so I'm feeling positive about things, at least work-wise.

Today is my birthday and my husband spoiled me as he normally does. In case anyone is interested, I met him online while playing Everquest II, which is one of those massively multiplayer online role-playing games like World of Warcraft. I thought he was a girl for the first month because he ran around in tree illusion form. This was pre-voice, so that didn't give it away. He drove 4 hours to pick me up the first time we met in person, and basically I never went back.

Oh, and neither of use play that game anymore, lol.
My husband and I also met online, back in the very early Match dot com days (it started 28 years ago) when it was free. Funny thing, he almost didn’t click on my profile since my photo resembled his ex wife greatly. I mean it was spooky how much we looked alike. But the difference was our personalities. He saw life in my eyes and smile. We no longer look alike, a drop of a hundred lbs on my end makes a huge difference. Plus she’s gained according to my youngest stepdaughter. Much of that is medicine related.

He was into a multiplayer game, but I convinced him it was a bad influence on his oldest daughter. Unfortunately, at almost 40, she’s still playing and expecting her grandmother who lives with them to raise her son. He quit, she didn’t. We’ve been married 26 almost 27 years.

I met him online while playing Everquest II, which is one of those massively multiplayer online role-playing games like World of Warcraft. I thought he was a girl for the first month because he ran around in tree illusion form. This was pre-voice, so that didn't give it away. He drove 4 hours to pick me up the first time we met in person, and basically I never went back.

that is a wonderful story! a real life "meet cute"!

My husband and I also met online, back in the very early Match dot com days (it started 28 years ago) when it was free. Funny thing, he almost didn’t click on my profile since my photo resembled his ex wife greatly. I mean it was spooky how much we looked alike. But the difference was our personalities. He saw life in my eyes and smile. We no longer look alike, a drop of a hundred lbs on my end makes a huge difference. Plus she’s gained according to my youngest stepdaughter. Much of that is medicine related.

He was into a multiplayer game, but I convinced him it was a bad influence on his oldest daughter. Unfortunately, at almost 40, she’s still playing and expecting her grandmother who lives with them to raise her son. He quit, she didn’t. We’ve been married 26 almost 27 years.

Ugh, hate those medicines that do that. If I were you, I'd feel some Schadenfreude, but I'm also petty sometimes.

That's sad about the daughter. I mean, I love my video games and sometimes get caught up, but wow.

And congrats on your soon-to-be-anniversary. <3

I had my liver ultrasound this morning. No lesions or anything, just a fatty liver, which is what I expected. So, my PCP should soon be signing the approval form, which is the last thing other than the third nutrition class (which is on June 27) that I need before the decision visit.

My birthday was great, except that my son didn't call. I don't know if his call on Sunday was supposed to be a combined Father's Day/Birthday call, but since I went through 30 hours of labor with him, I deserve my own call. :ROFLMAO: To be fair, he and his fiancee are trying to juggle passing their licensing exams, find jobs in a new city while working full-time, find affordable housing in a new city, trying to pack up, etc. Just a wee bit busy. His birthday is coming up in a few weeks, so I'm trying to come up with a funny snark card to send with his gift.

Last year, hubby bought me a stuffed cat that looks almost exactly like our void cat, Loki. I've been moving it to different locations to trick my daughter and her fiance (they moved in to save up for a down payment on a house). So far both have mistaken it for the actual cat, and one of them also thought the actual cat was the stuffed cat. I'm very much amused by this.

And lastly, a very important question: does anyone know what Miami Semi-Formal dress is? Hubby and I are attending a friend's wedding in Miami, and that is what she listed as the dress code. I have no idea what this means.

I had my third nutrition class today. I thought I would be able to schedule my final surgeon visit before sending everything off to insurance, but my psych repot hasn't been sent yet. She needed to speak with my therapist first, who has apparently been out of state until today. I almost cried because I thought I had everything done, but I keep telling myself that things will happen in their own time. Ugh. It's frustrating.

My son called and, when he learned I was getting the DS, went into interrogation mode. Since he works in the medical field, he was concerned about how drastic the surgery is, so I spent a good deal of time educating him on my whys. I don't think he's fully come around, but at least he's making the turn.

You would figure that I would be good at the "hurry up and wait" game, but nope.

There are very few for whom patience is their strong suit. Do not become discouraged! Hang in there and eyes on the prize.

My son called and, when he learned I was getting the DS, went into interrogation mode. Since he works in the medical field, he was concerned about how drastic the surgery is, so I spent a good deal of time educating him on my whys. I don't think he's fully come around, but at least he's making the turn.
Those in the medical field seem to be the hardest to educate.

Those in the medical field seem to be the hardest to educate.

Children seem to be a pain to educate sometimes as well. :ROFLMAO:

I have my decision visit scheduled this Friday! I was sort of expecting it to have to wait longer, but I'll take it! And then it's truly a waiting game as the office sends off the package to insurance. Plus, of course it's going to be a holiday weekend. We'll be in Miami from July 7-9, so I'll be distracted by getting ready for my friend's wedding. Then my son and his fiancee will be moving Pittsburgh to Asheville, so we'll finally be in the same state again, so more distractions (plus his birthday!).

I think it will come down to the wire whether I get this done before school starts with enough time to heal. I should have started this process earlier, but things happen in their own time and not to suit me.

Children seem to be a pain to educate sometimes as well. :ROFLMAO:

I have my decision visit scheduled this Friday! I was sort of expecting it to have to wait longer, but I'll take it! And then it's truly a waiting game as the office sends off the package to insurance. Plus, of course it's going to be a holiday weekend. We'll be in Miami from July 7-9, so I'll be distracted by getting ready for my friend's wedding. Then my son and his fiancee will be moving Pittsburgh to Asheville, so we'll finally be in the same state again, so more distractions (plus his birthday!).

I think it will come down to the wire whether I get this done before school starts with enough time to heal. I should have started this process earlier, but things happen in their own time and not to suit me.

Hopefully the early decision date will make for a timely OR date! Enjoy Miami!

Had my decision visit, and Dr. Ng was excited to hear about the spreadsheet I'm using to keep track of labs and vitamins, so thanks all for providing the spreadsheet! He says that I should hear back within a week about insurance, and that he's scheduling two weeks out since he has a lot of teachers trying to get this done before school starts. I'm trying not to take what he says too much to heart as he's not really in charge of scheduling, but I could potentially be having surgery in three weeks!! (I'm over here literally bouncing.)

The wedding weekend was wonderful, and now I have another reason to have this surgery. I love dancing and I just couldn't dance like I wanted to at the reception because my knees couldn't handle it. I ended up with a sprained knee, and my feet swelled up like balloons. With at least two more weddings in the next year, I don't want my weight to continue being a factor in my ability to celebrate with the people I love.

I got a call from the financial office of the surgeon's office. I have a new estimate for the surgery on My Chart. Alas, I missed the call because I decided that being clean (shower) was a priority, and now I'm waiting on a call back. Ugh. Darn shower!

ETA: They called back right after this posted. I've paid the surgeon's fee and now I'm waiting for the scheduler to call. Oh, and I got approved, which seems obvious to y'all. I have a therapy appointment in about 5 minutes and I hope my therapist understands that I will have to take the call lol.

Last edited:
Ouch - but glad you had a wonderful time, sprain aside! Hopefully you will be able to put on your dancing shoes permanently very soon!

The scheduler sent me a message on MyChart and my date will be August 2! Not the speedy 3 weeks I'd hoped, but since there was a holiday that delayed things plus my surgeon will be out of the office in the last week of July, I'll take it. (Not like I have a choice lol.) This gives me 26 days between surgery and the first day of school. Fingers crossed that all goes well! I'll be cutting it pretty close.

Latest posts

Back