What the feck just happened????

CaraOC

Credentialed Bitch
i am so embarrassed. The whole world is watching and asking WTF? I have no explanation. I feel shocked and horrified. Like someone just grabbed me by the pussy.

The Deplorables flipped off the establishment. Revenge of the Deplorables? Unlike Revenge of the Nerds, there will be no kubaya gathering at the bonfire.

"But leaning primarily on racism, bigotry or sexism to explain what happened Tuesday is too facile by half. Missing from the audiences that television cameras focused on were millions of others — Republicans, independents, libertarians and maybe even some Democrats — who would rather be horse-whipped than attend a Trump rally but were compelled to vote “R” against the likelihood of a more liberal Supreme Court, laxer immigration laws and an increasingly costly health-care system, among other concerns."

Kathleen Parker

This is the link to the whole column: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ff0476-a6be-11e6-ba59-a7d93165c6d4_story.html

Last night I literally felt the way I did sitting in a crappy club bathroom realizing I had been drugged with something. Sick to the stomach, afraid and horrified. Honestly I am not surprised, but I am shocked. How can people do this? What about their daughters? Friends? I literally spent the entire day deep breathing and listening to my happy music. What. The. Ever. Loving. F***?!

I have been crying on and off all day. I have three daughters, and I am terrified for all of us. I was ready to move to Canada and just have my husband with us on the weekends (we're pretty close to the border), but a friend of mine convinced me that would be the ultimate in white privilege. She urged me to stay and fight. For our daughters. I just don't know.

The promise to repeal Obamacare and replace it with something better turned into repeal Obamacare today, you can read it for yourself. No mention of putting a better program in place of it. Just repealing it. For all of us with preexisting conditions or parents of unemployed 25-year old kids, that's scary. Sure, trade deals sound like they adversely affect employment here, unless you know they work both ways. We sell American-made goods over there. Say goodbye to all of those jobs,
If you are a child or grandchild or great grandchild of immigrants (and we all are), imagine your relatives coming here to Trump's welcome (and his followers). I'm not a '10'' so my value in the workplace will be lessened and there will be no progress for equal pay or rights against sexual abuse by powerful men. At least he won't be reaching under my skirt because I'm not pretty enough. He's a con man who will give nothing to people who voted because they wanted change and are desperate for a brighter future. They will be much worse off in 4 years and the wealthy will be even better off. It will take a while for his voters to realize they've been conned. By then, there will be even fewer jobs, no safety net, no equal pay, more out-of-pocket healthcare costs, and even fewer prospects for retirement.
That's not even to bring in his proven sexual assault of women, the Trump University scam, his unpaid workers. Crimes.
So sad for all of us. It feels like 9/11. An assault on American values, this time self inflicted.

So they elected the most indecent, unqualified, immature, narcissistic, dishonest, selfish, immoral demagogue they could find. Protest vote? Puh-leeze...
That is the part I still don't get. Upset with way DC works and your own personal situation I understand (it is corporate America to blame for lack of good jobs not government but I will ignore that) but how do you fool yourself into thinking an insider billionaire who is as immoral as they come i's going to make things better? It is the analogy of the fox and hen house that I have used to describe what we just did.. The rooster was lazy and a fox winged 1 of the 87 hens in the coop. The hens held an election and decided to replace the rooster with a cousin of the fox who is wealthy and will make the hen house great again. Wealthy fox replaces the rooster and subsequently every chicken is eaten by the fox.

We are screwed. Welcome back to 1950 but this time it won't be a booming middle class existence it will be a 3rd world existence .

I don't understand it myself. I suppose the KKK endorsement was just too good to pass up.

the implications for the people of this country are heart breaking.

Washington, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Kennedy, Trump. Which one of those doesn't belong?

The depolorables supported Bush and they were WRONG. They thought Iraq was a great idea and they were WRONG, they backed segregation, Sara Palin, supported tax cuts for the wealthy, opposed gay marriage, etc, etc, and they were WRONG. Those mistakes will pale in comparison to Orange Hitler.

Trump doesn't have the attention span, interest or concern in the policy that is required to lead a nation into the future. He will be a puppet of those who want to repeal Obamacare (because it taxes the rich) and replace it with nothing but exclusions for pre-existing conditions, privatize education and prisons, do nothing about global warming, prop up coal, loosen regulations on banks (Wells Fargo stock up 10% in the last two days), etc, etc.

Can you imagine Trump addressing the nation after catastrophe? Comforting parents whose children were killed in a war Trump started because his ego was punctured?

He was not elected by the majority of Americans and he is not my president.

you don't have to go back nearly as far a Lincoln to find a decent republican - Dwight D. Eisenhower was one.

decency has nothing to do with what just got elected.

Washington was a nonpartisan as we didn't have political parties at the time
Lincoln was a Republican which many today tend to ignore.
Roosevelt and Kennedy were Democrats.
My point was comparing them in stature/gravitas, not party affiliation.

Latest posts

Back