Vita lady

I was just on VitaLady today. One of the biggest benefits for me would be the pre-packaged sets she is offering by surgery type. As a newbie, I'm not sure how it would work practically, but the theory of having daily packs with individual packets of my early morning, breakfast, lunch and dinner vitamin requirements sounds great. Is this something that's offered through Amazon, or would we have to assemble our own packets?

I was just on VitaLady today. One of the biggest benefits for me would be the pre-packaged sets she is offering by surgery type. As a newbie, I'm not sure how it would work practically, but the theory of having daily packs with individual packets of my early morning, breakfast, lunch and dinner vitamin requirements sounds great. Is this something that's offered through Amazon, or would we have to assemble our own packets?
We would have to assemble our own.

The Vitalady pre-pack works great, EXCEPT, you might be buying stuff you, personally, do not need.

Example, I don't need to supplement A, E, ANY of the B's. So prepacks including those would mean I would be wasting money. I DO know of others who use them easily so it really depends on where you end up. BUT the first 3-6 months it is an ideal solution til you get post-op labs and can tweak for your own needs.

We would have to assemble our own.

The Vitalady pre-pack works great, EXCEPT, you might be buying stuff you, personally, do not need.

Did you guys start your vits right away? I know that I have the potential to be anemic (there are times I have been in the past) and a slight D deficiency pre-op lab. I don't trust Drs as much as I trust you guys. As a potential DSr... when would you recommend starting Vits and what would you recommend as a basic starting point? Or should I just post my post-op labs in the DS forum and ask for advice?

Sorry to high-jack the thread.

I know that I have the potential to be anemic (there are times I have been in the past) and a slight D deficiency pre-op lab. I don't trust Drs as much as I trust you guys. As a potential DSr... when would you recommend starting Vits and what would you recommend as a basic starting point?
Then while you are still pre-op, add extra iron and DRY D3.

I switched to taking a dry D3 50,000 EVERY day the last 3 months before my surgery. Managed to get it from an 11 (which is ALL the damned green football prescription D ever got me UP to) to the 50's by my surgery day. I wasn't anemic or even low ferritin at that time (that happened 3.5 years out).

But get as healthy as you can pre-op so that you have some stores to work with in the month following surgery. Starting vitamins right away is hard...you feel like you are only able to get them in at the EXPENSE of getting fluid in...of the two, FLUID is far more important.

i will echo southernlady's comments about focusing on fluids/eating rather than vitamins in the first weeks following surgery.
I am 10 days post-op and have trouble (gagging) when i take my meds. i never had this before but i can't imagine starting a whole bunch of pills.
I plan to ease into things--start the MVI, then Ca, then Vit D, etc. It will probably take me a couple of months and i'm not stressed about it because all of my pre-op values were super-solid.

Can anyone on here provide me with the link for the amazon store being discussed please?

Some people find them very convenient, I actually found them to be a huge waste of time and money. There were some things in the packs that I didn't need, some I couldn't tolerate and some that I faded in slowly. Opening the packs and having to cross reference the chart with the sizes and colors of what each pill were to remove the ones I wasn't taking was a royal pain in the ass. If, after a few months, you know you need and can handle all of them, then they're probably more convenient, but for me, definitely not in the beginning.

That pillpack site looks like it would be awesome! I wonder if they pick the brand names of Vites or does the patient???

So if vita-lady is going out of business and not quick with orders, where did I turn to? BTW, I'm am Amazonaholic.
FIrst off I wish Vitalady well....but I have always purchased my vitamins on Amazon, at Target or Walmart & the Vitamin Shoppe:

Amazon Vites:
Vitamin D3 50,000 IU (100)
by Nivagen Pharmaceuticals Inc $17.95 http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-D3-50...ef=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1438429471&sr=1-1

BioTech Pharmacal - A-25 (Vitamin A) - 100 Count
by Bio-Tech Pharmacal
$9.40 Note: This price went up a couple $ since last purchase
Get it by Monday, Aug 3
http://www.amazon.com/BioTech-Pharm...&qid=1438429549&sr=1-3&keywords=dry+vitamin+a

Now Foods Dry E-400, Veg-Capsules, 100-Count
by Now Foods
$12.99($0.13/Count)$21.99
Get it by Monday, Aug 3
http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-E-4...&qid=1438429739&sr=1-1&keywords=dry+vitamin+e

This price went up a few $ as well since last purchase so I might start shopping around for my Dry A & E.

Vitamin Shoppe (in store):
Zinc 50 MG
Copper 2mg
K1

Target or Walmart (hate that place):
Store Brand Men's 50+ Multi Vitamin (equivalent to Centrum mens 50 +)
Store Brand Calcium Citrate

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Has anyone tried the Sundown Carbynol iron yet? Proboard has an Amazon link to it as a replacement iron product for Tender Iron if needed.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried it yet, and how effective it is.

Latest posts

Back