Vacation plays havoc on my butt!

BigIsland Tammy

I'll be danged if I for some reason I usually can't 'go' before we leave. Then the travel angst really hits...will I have to poop on the airplane? will there be a good fan in the bathroom at our destination? What about when we're at the ocean? or driving around? or at the ....?

The reality is actually the opposite after that first wave of trouble. I have habits I can't seem to maintain on vacation. Daily I enjoy my morning protein drink, then I have a 24 oz coffee cup, into which I put a whole lot (2/3 cup?) of Half 'n Half. Yes, each and every morning. It is gloriously rich and yummy no matter what else I put in my coffee cup, even if its just plain ol' coffee. On vacation Half n Half comes in little teeny tiny nasty plastic hermetically sealed cups designed to test your manual dexterity, and there aren't enough of them in any restaurant to make the rich concoction that keeps my system lubricated and running properly. 1-2 days later I'm stopped up. Ugh, I hate that feeling. People complain about DS poop, I'll take it over constipation any day of the week!

Anyone have any suggestions for morning fat that will help keep me running, but won't just run through me?

Go to Starbucks or a coffee shop for your morning coffee. Most Airports have one or a Petes both have half and half or real cream.
I highly recommend Poopori it really works. I was a sceptic until I used it. As long as you spray the water before you go it works wonders.

I agree with @Whit , get a BREVE latte from Starbucks and it'll be made with half n half or independently owned coffee shops will use heavy cream (I've been told, haven't had one yet, only half n half). They're super yummy. That or buy a container in the grocery store and stick it in your mini fridge and brew one of those silly little hotel room coffee pots in the morning :)

Google "shelf stable whipping cream."

I got some at Trader Joes but there are other brands. You can pack it, in a plastic bag or two, in packed baggage if you are flying. But it won't need refrigeration until opened. If you aren't moving daily on vacation, it could work. It's VERY thick whipping cream, so you won't need as much.

It might work.

Google "shelf stable whipping cream."

I got some at Trader Joes but there are other brands. You can pack it, in a plastic bag or two, in packed baggage if you are flying. But it won't need refrigeration until opened. If you aren't moving daily on vacation, it could work. It's VERY thick whipping cream, so you won't need as much.

It might work.
I read a lot of reviews and went to the manufacturer's website -- that is a really great idea you've given...thank you!
I often don't have refrigeration, but at $1.29 I could throw away any leftovers when I'm done with my coffee for the day.
I'll head out to Trader Joe's this week and pick up some to try! :) Thank you!

Go to Starbucks or a coffee shop for your morning coffee. Most Airports have one or a Petes both have half and half or real cream.

I agree with @Whit , get a BREVE latte from Starbucks and it'll be made with half n half or independently owned coffee shops will use heavy cream (I've been told, haven't had one yet, only half n half). They're super yummy.

I sometimes get a coffee at the airport when we're flying. They give me the evil eye when I pour out a bunch of the coffee and pour in the Half n Half...but what's a girl to do? I'm pretty spoiled and I know what I like :)

I sometimes get a coffee at the airport when we're flying. They give me the evil eye when I pour out a bunch of the coffee and pour in the Half n Half...but what's a girl to do? I'm pretty spoiled and I know what I like :)
That's always how I felt when I'd ask for a latte made with half n half, like they were looking at me like I had 3 heads, but since I learned to ask for a breve they don't look at me funny at all, it's like I learned the magic word ;)

Also, there is the Espresso con Panna -- Italian for "espresso with cream", an Espresso Con Panna is a shot of espresso topped with a dollop of whipped cream. It is a tiny drink, but will put hair on your chest. You can get a double, but I'm not sure if they will double the cream and the coffee or just the coffee.

Another suggestion: Pack a little VERY TIGHTLY CLOSED bottle of coconut oil and drizzle some into your beverage. Makes great eye makeup remover, too. And lip balm. Add salt for a magnificent scrub.

Latest posts

Back