GI Issues - SIBO or something else. Need ideas.

Also my crp, quant went from 3.5 3 weeks ago to 9.5 today.
Definite inflammation somewhere.
I would imagine that is at least partially from sibo as your small bowel is inflamed. Enteritis.

Hope they get this cleared up for you soon.

Sorry you're going through this @star0210. I know you've been battling this for a while now. I hope you get some answers and a final resolution to this soon!

Hope the cause is determined and treated soon. So sorry you are experiencing this. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I was admitted to the hospital Friday evening. Nobody could get their hands on my CT results but my symptoms were escalating so they wanted to keep an eye on me.
They brought in a general surgeon on Saturday and he ordered a hida scan. Gallbladder was only working at 14.8%. So I had gallbladder surgery last night.
Surgeon checked out my intestines and said they looked good.
He said my gallbladder did not appear to be infected but it was covered in scar tissue. He said it just didn't work. Still have elevated wbc and platelets but he said that wasn't from the gallbladder. They had me on levaquil and flagyl but only sent me home with levaquil.
I'm still every bit as distended as I was when I went in but hoping that's just because of the gas. They had done an X-ray Friday night and it showed lots of trapped air and distention. So I have all this trapped intestinal gas plus the abdominal gas from the surgery and omg that's painful.

They think the gallbladder issue is what caused the SIBO.

But I am home now and on the mend!

Sorry to hear you are hurting but I am glad they got your failed gallbladder out. Hopefully once you get that gas out you will be better. The antibiotics did a number on my system so hopefully your wbc gets down quickly and your course of antibiotics runs quickly.

@star0210 I'm SO sorry you had to go through this. I truly hope it fixes you up and am very optimistic that it will. You know, IMHO, if you think about it, something just didn't seem quite right for a very long time, even before the severe swelling. The minimal WL, no carbs etc at all, just didn't add up. I think it was the GD gallbladder causing you a lot of chemical imbalances all this time. In my LAY opinion of course..lol Good luck to you and get some rest.

Well...if only it were as simple as just my gb.
GI doc's nurse called me yesterday afternoon to say they got the results of my CT and there is a small area of concern and I have to go for a CT enterography Thursday morning. She said it might just be a piece of stuck food. She did say GI doc doesn't think any of my issues had anything to do with the gallbladder.
Well, the imaging center called me today to give me instructions for the test and it was the same girl who did my scan the other day. I asked her if she'd seen my report and she said yes and I asked if it said exactly where this area of concern was and she said it says possible intusseuception of the distal small bowel. It also says I have a small hiatal hernia.

Well...if only it were as simple as just my gb.
GI doc's nurse called me yesterday afternoon to say they got the results of my CT and there is a small area of concern and I have to go for a CT enterography Thursday morning. She said it might just be a piece of stuck food. She did say GI doc doesn't think any of my issues had anything to do with the gallbladder.
Well, the imaging center called me today to give me instructions for the test and it was the same girl who did my scan the other day. I asked her if she'd seen my report and she said yes and I asked if it said exactly where this area of concern was and she said it says possible intusseuception of the distal small bowel. It also says I have a small hiatal hernia.

Well shit! I hope they are able to give you a quick fix and that you recover quickly from it!

Well hopefully they get this figured out for you. The timing of your news is interesting as I actually just came from my GI and he suggested starting me on flagyl. I don't think overgrowth is my issues and honestly think I have another intestinal hernia.

Last night and today have been been miserable as I was up every hour pooping and I am extremely weak/fatigued. He thinks it could be overgrowth but I actually feel less bloaty than I did a month ago. The reason I don't think it bacterial overgrowth for me is that you had such constipation issues and my issues are cramping diarrhea with a loss of 6 pounds last night.

Latest posts

Back