GI Issues - SIBO or something else. Need ideas.

So this is interesting....because it's so abnormal. I've had diarrhea exactly once since surgery and it was last week for one day when I started on the augmentin. Since then it's been normal but less.
Today I had a normal bm and I've had diarrhea since.
My tummy is not happy.

I know this is unrelated to your situation, but I thought I would mention it - I was just put on a round of Augmentin for a sinus infection while I was traveling, and it absolutely wrecked me, GI-wise. The doc said to expect it, that Augmentin was infamous for causing totally watery stools. I know you are dealing with so much more than that, but I'm sure that didn't help your issue either!

I really have no idea, but I just came across this article on gastroparesis and thought back to your situation.

http://www.surgery.ucsf.edu/conditions--procedures/gastroparesis.aspx
My son had severe gastroparesis, so bad that one surgeon wanedt to do subtotal gastrectomy (Pretty much his whole effing stomach - thank goodness for Dr K) because he was only emptying 15-20% after 4 hours. He was always nauseous and dry heaving (can't puke because he has a nissen fundoplication which is the cause of his gastroparesis) and Star said she is hardly if ever nauseous so I am thinking that although it could be, I am not sure gastroparesis is her issue.

.. along similar lines though, my sister had a resection done to treat an ileus.. basically removing the paralyzed/non-functioning section of intestine. She never was totally blocked, but it was causing constipation and bloating.. not that much pain though, just a lot of discomfort. It took the Dr. a while to figure it out, she'd been having issues for a few months.

Obviously, I have no real expert advice to add here, but, I just wanted to say that I really hope you get it resolved and am wishing you the best.

Latest posts

Back