GI Issues - SIBO or something else. Need ideas.

6#? @DSRIGGS Poor guy.

I hope everything gets sorted out for both of you.
Thanks hon....yep, and on top of the physical wear and tear of these kinds of events that I get fairly often, I just get very little sleep so I am sleepy tired on top of fatigued tired. Oh well what are you going to do?

Well hopefully they get this figured out for you. The timing of your news is interesting as I actually just came from my GI and he suggested starting me on flagyl. I don't think overgrowth is my issues and honestly think I have another intestinal hernia.

Last night and today have been been miserable as I was up every hour pooping and I am extremely weak/fatigued. He thinks it could be overgrowth but I actually feel less bloaty than I did a month ago. The reason I don't think it bacterial overgrowth for me is that you had such constipation issues and my issues are cramping diarrhea with a loss of 6 pounds last night.

There's two different kinds of SIBO. Hydrogen dominant SIBO typically produces diarrhea while methane dominant SIBO typically produces constipation.

There's two different kinds of SIBO. Hydrogen dominant SIBO typically produces diarrhea while methane dominant SIBO typically produces constipation.
Well I think I now know more about this topic than I wanted to know. :p

Thanks

Well hopefully they get this figured out for you. The timing of your news is interesting as I actually just came from my GI and he suggested starting me on flagyl. I don't think overgrowth is my issues and honestly think I have another intestinal hernia.

Last night and today have been been miserable as I was up every hour pooping and I am extremely weak/fatigued. He thinks it could be overgrowth but I actually feel less bloaty than I did a month ago. The reason I don't think it bacterial overgrowth for me is that you had such constipation issues and my issues are cramping diarrhea with a loss of 6 pounds last night.

Damn...you're going to get dehydrated pooping that much.
It can't hurt to take the flagyl but yeah you've definitely got more going on.

Latest posts

Back