TMI- POOP!

Tabitha

Ok, I read on here all the time about how everyone gets constipated. Well I have not had a solid poo since surgery. I had surgery Nov 13, so 9 week post-op. I do not eat carbs. I keep my carbs under 50 a day, and usually under 30. I get at least 90 grams of protein, and try to get more. I need to work on my fluid. I am trying, but it is hard to get it all in. I usually get in 40 ounces, aiming for a lot more.
I take D3-50, Vitron-C, Vit C, Magnesium with Zinc, Chewable Centrum, rx Potassium, Zantac 150, Calcium Citrate, ADEK(I know not ideal, but I paid $35 for it and will take it until all gone), and b-complex everyday.
I do not eat a ton of fat, because high fat makes it worse, and honestly when I upped my fat my weight loss stalled. I lowered my fat and the scale started moving again.
Anyone else with this issue? I thought it was because I am new post-op but see a lot of other new post-ops and they are all having the opposite issue. Wondering what makes me so damn special....LOL.

You are still early out...

How much calcium?
Any iron?

Both will cause constipation.
I was taking regular iron, but my iron levels are low, and I am starting Vitron C. Calcium, I take 500mg 4x a day. The calcium is a pain in the arse, haha....pun intended.
I have no form, it is very watery. Also...I eat and will see it coming out of me less than 2 hours later. Gross!

I was taking regular iron, but my iron levels are low, and I am starting Vitron C. Calcium, I take 500mg 4x a day. The calcium is a pain in the arse, haha....pun intended.
I have no form, it is very watery. Also...I eat and will see it coming out of me less than 2 hours later. Gross!

Does your calcium have added ingredients? Like magnesium? Also what type of magnesium Zinc? Or is that 2 separate supps?

Chewable Centrum has ingredients that will cause diarrhea in some people.

Chewable Centrum has ingredients that will cause diarrhea in some people.
Yeap, looked up the grape (went back and checked the mixed and tropical) and all have Inositol listed. The ITOL's are the first thing I look for...it makes me miserable and will cause diarrhea in me if I do over about 5 grams in a given day.

Yeap, looked up the grape (went back and checked the mixed and tropical) and all have Inositol listed. The ITOL's are the first thing I look for...it makes me miserable and will cause diarrhea in me if I do over about 5 grams in a given day.

The one I looked at also had mannitol and sucralose.

Mine is orange flavored. It has sucrose listed.

@Tabitha, maybe give us a list of exact brands, (links if possible) to help us (and those lurking and reading this thread) of all your vitamins/etc.

I am assuming that the D3 is either from Vitalady or Amazon, that is the biotech brand either way.

Latest posts

Back