Sunday Weigh In (3/10/2024)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 118
This week 117
I saw my PCP on Fri and he did not brush off my concerns over my weight, especially since he and the PA could see I’d lost weight since my last visit to the office.

He is ordering a handful of tests based on my inability to gain weight. He seems to understand my wanting a cushion in case of illness. While he doesn’t think anything is wrong, he said it doesn’t hurt to check. He’s also lowering my metformin dose cause that may be the issue. He has me doing a chest X-ray and an abdominal ultrasound along with several lab tests.

He was good about understanding my frustration. I told him I knew I was in a decent BMI but if something happened and I got sick, I had no cushion. Not like I want to gain a lot, I just wanted to get back up to about 122-125 and not drop anymore. He did ask if I was eating “healthy” fat, lol. I had to remind him when you only absorb 20% of the fat you ingest, the only unhealthy fat is trans fat. He agreed.

So what do I do, I drop weight this week!

I see him again late April after I get all the testing done.

Last week 154.8
This week 152.6

I have passed 100 pounds lost since my highest weight and I'm officially in a healthy BMI. It's been just over 7 months since surgery, but I also started as a relative lightweight.

My sleep doctor is ordering another sleep test, so hopefully I'll be officially off my CPAP soon!

:bacondance:
Congratulations! It’s an awesome feeling isn’t it! And I sincerely hope you get off the CPAP.

You just sailed down the scale, seems most lightweights do. We get to goal quickly.

Last week 118
This week 117
I saw my PCP on Fri and he did not brush off my concerns over my weight, especially since he and the PA could see I’d lost weight since my last visit to the office.

He is ordering a handful of tests based on my inability to gain weight. He seems to understand my wanting a cushion in case of illness. While he doesn’t think anything is wrong, he said it doesn’t hurt to check. He’s also lowering my metformin dose cause that may be the issue. He has me doing a chest X-ray and an abdominal ultrasound along with several lab tests.

He was good about understanding my frustration. I told him I knew I was in a decent BMI but if something happened and I got sick, I had no cushion. Not like I want to gain a lot, I just wanted to get back up to about 122-125 and not drop anymore. He did ask if I was eating “healthy” fat, lol. I had to remind him when you only absorb 20% of the fat you ingest, the only unhealthy fat is trans fat. He agreed.

How great to have a pcp that level-headed and communicative! I can thoroughly understand your thoughts (worry) about the inability to gain issue. We have to be ready for anything that might come our way and be able to fight and recover, and being underweight is not helpful to that.

Last week 154.8
This week 152.6

I have passed 100 pounds lost since my highest weight and I'm officially in a healthy BMI. It's been just over 7 months since surgery, but I also started as a relative lightweight.

My sleep doctor is ordering another sleep test, so hopefully I'll be officially off my CPAP soon!
That’s very exciting! I remember it well, but it took me a few months longer to hit the 100 mark, about a year exactly. I really am cheering for the c-pap to no longer be needed when you’re retested, what a joy that would be.

I had to remind him when you only absorb 20% of the fat you ingest, the only unhealthy fat is trans fat. He agreed.
it's good he is willing to be reminded. I hope he finds a fixable answer. Would there be in point in using something to increase your appetite? (or has that been tried?)

ETA I thought I'd posted this yesterday and when I looked at it this morning it was hard for me to tell it was still a draft. :unsure:

it's good he is willing to be reminded. I hope he finds a fixable answer. Would there be in point in using something to increase your appetite? (or has that been tried?)
He doesn’t mind being reminded.

My appetite is fine. My problem I’m still not eating great quantities. Remember I have a small sleeve and the hiatal hernia surgery didn’t help. Which is why I’m eating about every hour. I told him that and so did my better half cause he was with me.

They could reverse my small intestine, something I am NOT a fan of, but the one thing they can’t reverse is my sleeve. That’s permanent. As long as I’m on the normal side of the BMI scale we won’t entertain a surgical solution.

As long as I’m on the normal side of the BMI scale we won’t entertain a surgical solution.
can't blame you for sure!

and, FYI, I'm living proof a sleeve can be stretched (which normally should be a warning!) but eating frequently is another way to go.

anyway, really hope all those tests give you some info you need.

:5grouphug:

can't blame you for sure!

and, FYI, I'm living proof a sleeve can be stretched (which normally should be a warning!) but eating frequently is another way to go.

anyway, really hope all those tests give you some info you need.

:5grouphug:
In the first 12 years, I was never been able to stretch my sleeve. And this year, it’s feels even smaller.

In the first 12 years, I was never been able to stretch my sleeve. And this year, it’s feels even smaller.
now that I think about it, I was able to do it back when I was on Lexapro. I really noticed I could feel restriction more once I got off of it.

Last week 118
This week 117

I couldn't find a Saturday weigh in, is this the weigh in the weigh in thread you mentioned?

I couldn't find a Saturday weigh in, is this the weigh in the weigh in thread you mentioned?
Yes, we do it on Sundays. Did I say Saturday? I meant Sunday.

We’ve been doing it every Sunday since we started this forum in Jan 2014. There is an advantage to that. You can look back and see where you were at a certain point. It came in handy when I was explaining my lack of being able to gain weight. I could say, well, back in Sept of 2022, I weighed so and so and then in Dec I was down to a much lower point. That was a big help because if he questioned it, I could have brought up the forum and threads with their date stamps to prove my point.

It also gives us support from each other ups and downs. One time @JackieOnLine was concerned she was gaining. I looked back a year and she was actually smaller. Her issue wasn’t weight gain but bloat. That told both of us her intake needed adjusting. Not for weight loss but for gas. You see, she mostly goes by clothing size rather than weight. She seldom has access to a scale. And bloat can definitely affect how clothes fit.

I typically start the day’s thread but others have when I’ve been late getting to it.

I weigh every day, I was told to by my PCP. I only really count the Sunday weight but I do weigh every day on orders. This morning I hit a new low of 115.6. My bottom line is 105, that’s where I cross the line into underweight.

We get bananas every week, Charles eats them. I told him I was gonna start. Maybe that will help some.

Latest posts

Back