TMI- POOP!

Okay, your Centrum Chewable: Red marked items can cause major issues.
Ingredients
Sucrose, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mannitol (Wheat), Calcium Carbonate, Stearic Acid (Soybean), Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C), Pregelatinized Corn Starch, Dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E). Contains Less Than 2% Of: Acacia, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aspartame (Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine), Beta Carotene, Biotin, Bht, Calcium Pantothenate, Carbonyl Iron, Carrageenan, Chromic Chloride, Citric Acid, Corn Starch, Cupric Oxide, Cyanocobalamin (Vit. B12), Dextrose, Dl-Alpha Tocopherol, Dried Glucose Syrup, Ergocalciferol (Vit. D), Fd&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, Folic Acid, Gelatin, Guar Gum, Lactose (Milk), Magnesium Stearate, Malic Acid, Maltodextrin, Manganese Sulfate, Modified Food Starch, Mono- And Diglycerides, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Niacinamide, Phytonadione (Vit. K), Potassium Iodide, Purified Water, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vit. B6), Riboflavin (Vit. B2), Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Ascorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Silicoaluminate, Sorbic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vit. B1), Tribasic Calcium Phosphate, Vanillin, Vitamin A Acetate (Vit. A), Zinc Oxide.

The rest I can't see labels (the back one that says what's in it...read the fine print of all of them.

I agree with En it's probably Magnesium oxide because it doesn't say either way in the product description. I had to make sure I had citrate for this very reason. I do use Mg oxide very occasionally for constipation now that I am further out.

I buy my calcium in a combination pill from costco.ca 250mg calcium citrate and 125 mg Magnesium citrate. The brand is webber.

It is oxide. Good to know. I will discontinue it. But I just started taking it a few days ago. The bowel issues have been since surgery.
Part of the bowel issues is just being new to the DS...you messed with your system, it takes awhile to recover.

I was almost to the point of being unable to leave my house the first two weeks...was suppose to be on full liquids for a month but at two weeks out I HAD to add soft foods cause I was tired of spitting water out of my butt!

I think I was about 4 weeks out before it finally settled down.

Thank you ladies! I don't know what I would do without you all! Is the dose of imodium the same as a regular person?

Thank you ladies! I don't know what I would do without you all! Is the dose of imodium the same as a regular person?
Start with the usual dosage and if it doesn't work take more. I was told to take as much as necessary but I believe I never exceeded three time the recommended dose.

See if you can find full fat. Also start taking a probiotic.

I can't find full fat in my area. 2% is all they carry and even that is hard to find. (everything seems to be full fat)I do add a splash of heavy cream though. ;)
I am confused by probiotics. I tried researching them and they gave me a headache. LOL. They vary greatly in price, and some say the more cultures the better, other say more than a certain amount is just wasting money. What does everyone here take?

I can't find full fat in my area. 2% is all they carry and even that is hard to find. (everything seems to be full fat)I do add a splash of heavy cream though. ;)
I am confused by probiotics. I tried researching them and they gave me a headache. LOL. They vary greatly in price, and some say the more cultures the better, other say more than a certain amount is just wasting money. What does everyone here take?
We have a hard time finding full fat too...but one brand is carried in our area: http://www.oikosyogurt.com/greek-yogurt/traditional-greek-yogurt/ It's a Dannon product. EVERYTHING else is either 2% or no fat. Another option is to make your own which is something I am considering myself.

Regardless of which probiotic you chose, it helps to be one you will actually REMEMBER to take. Dh and I had issues remembering the bottle in the fridge so our choice was the Digestive Advantage gummies. It's the ONLY gummy I would consider and since we only take one a day, it's not an issue on the carb count. We get ours at Costco for $19.79 for 120 count bottle...that is right at 2 months worth for each of us.

Latest posts

Back