Surgery tomorrow

I honestly don't have anyone around me to talk to about all of this and everyonese advice is really nice. Also, maybe posting everything that's happening to me step by step will help someone else in the future.

I'm so out of it I can't enjoy games or reading and tv gets boring. It is slowly getting better .Taking less and less painkillers so while the pain is worse, I'm more alert.

Sitting so much is flaring up my sciatica and there's unfortunately not much I can do about it at the moment. Trying to stay up and about as much as possible. Still hard to stand up straight.

Even though I have my very supportive husband, it’s not the same as talking to other DSers. I read postings on this site and videos on YouTube daily. I’m still so new and obsessed with the changes I’m going thru. There’s supposed to be a good support group at Dr. Rabkin’s once a month but I don’t want to drive up to the city aloneat night. Good for you for cutting back on pain pills; I kept taking them full strength for two weeks...

I could not have taken soup, no matter how blended, so soon after surgery. Be nice to yourself!

I took Peri colace after a few days, and I stopped taking opiates as soon as possible.

Please take care

Did anyone else also get their gallbladder out as well? I feel like that's what's really causing my problems right now. They say it gets better but I am someone regretting letting them take it .

Did anyone else also get their gallbladder out as well? I feel like that's what's really causing my problems right now. They say it gets better but I am someone regretting letting them take it .
I wish my surgeon had taken mine. Six months post DS I was having gall bladder surgery.

After my gallbladder was removed (with a different procedure post-DS), I experienced bile salt diarrhea (like due partially to the gallbladder and partially to being on Creon). If you are experiencing this, Welchol, which is a bile salt sequestrant, works wonders.

Well, I can't really tell what's causing the diarrhea. It's only happened twice and both times I could hold it, it wasn't even an emergency really. But it was a lot of bile.

I was afraid I'd miss it. May as well recover from that now while I'm already recovering vs getting it done later and basically starting this nonsense over again.

I never took any. I did start taking 3x 500mg Psyllium Husk Caps 3x a day, though, to solidify things. The first... three weeks or so? maybe month? all I had were liquid BMs.

Well, I can probably toldratebthree weeks of the runs.

How long until you guys could sleep in bed? I'm sad sleeping in a chair.

Right before surgery I bought a new mattress set, and splurged for the adjustable base. It’s soooo worth it to be able to raise the bed or raise the bottom under my knees to help my back. Good sales this week, if you can afford it it’s a lifesaver!

Right before surgery I bought a new mattress set, and splurged for the adjustable base. It’s soooo worth it to be able to raise the bed or raise the bottom under my knees to help my back. Good sales this week, if you can afford it it’s a lifesaver!

I actually thought about it but we already hadh a sleep number. We also just move and can't really afford to shell the cash out as much as I'd love to

Latest posts

Back