Surgery tomorrow

Right! Also, with me plain naked :D water was a killer! It HURT! I found lemon or lime squeezed in it helped, and the flavor packs too, although sweet taste was not tasting good to me at all, (but that HAS changed:D).

This is a trial and error on many things, and remember that because something tasted good yesterday doesn't guarantee it will today, and the other way around.

So glad you're through the surgery and walking and sipping!

Susan

Now nothing is staying down. It very painfully moves up and down my stomach before being forced into my mouth to be spit out. I think my stomas are swollen shut. Waiting for the doctor to come.

Last night was not a good night. Because I couldn't swollow the liquid pain killers, I went about ten hours without. The doctor on call forgot about me and the gas pain from the laproscopic surgery hit and it was agony . Took an hour to get introvenous pain killers. Around midnight I could swallow again so they double teamed the pain killers until it was under control.

Wish I could do stand up straight

Hopefully discharged today but if I'm not feeling it, I'm not going to push it. If they need to give me more injectsbli pain killers I'm stuck another night.

Hopefully discharged today but if I'm not feeling it, I'm not going to push it. If they need to give me more injectsbli pain killers I'm stuck another night.
While I know home is best, you’re right, don’t push it. Wait until you can comfortably swallow liquid or pills for pain AND get all your fluids in. Don’t come off the IV til you can sip your way thru 64 oz each and every day. You don’t want a return trip to the ER for fluids. You will get there but another day or two in the hospital may be best for now.

Yeah, they cancelled my discharge. I'm having trouble keeping fluids down again . They're contacting the King sugeon on call.

I really hope so. I think that's causing most of the problems is the protein drink they're giving me. It's so thick I think it's clogging everything up.

I really hope so. I think that's causing most of the problems is the protein drink they're giving me. It's so thick I think it's clogging everything up.

It does get better. It will be better in few weeks. By 6 weeks it was much better for me. It took about 6 months before i could handle any food and most were fine at 3 months. White meat chicken and steak took the 6 months.

My tip that most people don't talk about besides sugar free pops was fresh Mozzeralla. That worked very well for me. Added some vinagar, olive oil and salt and peper. I lived on it for a few months.

Mozzarella and vinager sounds heavenly.

This is probably tmi but it was a fart fest last night and I'm feeling a lot better . My whole body is sore thugth, but I think that's from this hospital bed. The oxycodone is doing it's job without the other stuff so I'm feeling pretty confident in being able to go home today.

I'm so weak and tired. I wish I could lie on my side but it's too difficult and painful.

Latest posts

Back