Surgery tomorrow

I didn't really think about the fluid loss and difficulty retaining it. I keep fluids down fine. Volume wise, I can drink waaaaaaaaaay more than I can eat. Moves through me faster I suppose. I actually kept fluids down so easily I started getting worried about the size of my sleeve until I ate yesterday.

Vinegar, this early out? Seems a recipe for disaster. Keep it mild and ph neutral for a while.

It does get better. As others said above, when the body signals activate, do not pass go! Go directly to the bathroom. Also, never trust a fart (NTAF). Finally, for back to work and finance reasons, maybe wearing sanitary napkins a would provide an added sense of security?

All the best. With time it will improve!

Last edited:
I did think about the diaper route. I'm going to see how things are going once I get closer to time.

So far (one at a time) I've have the mozz and vinager, some milk, liverwurst, and a fake crab legs. No tell tale burbles from any of it. No excess gas, no excess diarrhea. I'm feeling a little more confident.

Real are so expensive though. I'll probably finish off the pack and just go without. I prefer fresh fish.

That sounds like an amazing idea. I absolutely love shrimp.
Now remember, 2 is probably all you will manage at a time for now. Cold cooked or steamed. dip in a bit of butter avoiding any other sauces for now. But 2 now and in 30-60 mins, 2 more maybe, etc. It's an excellent source of early protein. You don't get a lot of protein per shrimp but it takes 4 oz of shrimp to have ONE carb.

I am starting to realize that the protien shakes are here to stay for now. It's the only way I'll get enough in the beginning. My nutritionist wants me getting 100g a day -_- it's a full time job getting that in. Impossible without drinking it .

I am starting to realize that the protien shakes are here to stay for now. It's the only way I'll get enough in the beginning. My nutritionist wants me getting 100g a day -_- it's a full time job getting that in. Impossible without drinking it .
That may be true FOR NOW. But as you get further out, the need for shakes will lessen IF you eat enough protein.

I could drink a lot within a week or two, but all I could eat was about 1/2 an egg for the first month. Your sleeve is small and swollen. I was on liquids for two weeks though. I did vinegar pretty fast. Maybe in 3 weeks and it was fine.

You need to be kind to your body and give it time. I pushed a head and it was fine, but it took a while to feel back to normal.

How far out are you?? 100 g/day is unreasonable and unnecessary early out - you have protein reserves, and you're not going to become protein deficient right away.

Our recommendation is to AIM for 30 g/day by 30 days out; 60 g/day by 60 days out; and 90 by 90.

Surgery was February 15th so just iove two weeks. I'm not struggling to get it in now, it was just surprsing. They also want me doing an hour of cardio a day. I'm not sure what world they're living in. I was able to do 15 minutes on an exercise bike yesterday before I started feeling ill.

Everything has been going reasonably well the last few days. I don't have the runs anymore, quite the opposite. My BMs are solid but white. Is that normal? I've been adding cream to my protein drinks to help move things alone. If I don't I get terrible stomach cramps.

Surgery was February 15th so just iove two weeks. I'm not struggling to get it in now, it was just surprsing. They also want me doing an hour of cardio a day. I'm not sure what world they're living in. I was able to do 15 minutes on an exercise bike yesterday before I started feeling ill.

Everything has been going reasonably well the last few days. I don't have the runs anymore, quite the opposite. My BMs are solid but white. Is that normal? I've been adding cream to my protein drinks to help move things alone. If I don't I get terrible stomach cramps.
Normal grey or white looking is malabsorbing FAT, exactly how it should look.

Cardio aka walking...so do it in small stretches. 10 mins here, 10 there...but report it to them as your DAILY amount not each increment.

Latest posts

Back