Surgery tomorrow

Absolutely. (Except when you have one of those days. And get older. My normie husband has an accident once every couple of years, because - well, it’s just part of the human condition.)

I'm only 28 and I'm not prepared for this to happen in front of my fiance. This is the first day I had a single egg and I also had a swallow test so I'm not sure if that may have ruined me. Yesterday and most of today was great. in fact, yesterday I didn't poop at all and earlier today I had a nirnal, solid BM. Then a few hours ago everything went to shit. Pun totally intended .

It's definitely a lesson I won't forget soon. I had just been doing well ignoring the first few warnings. Meant I only had to use the bathroom once or twice a day. I think the mixture of the awful stuff they gave me for the leak test and the egg I snuck just created the perfect storm.

I figured I could do some experimenting while I'm still off work and then only add new foods on my day off. That's my plan anyway.

Also, hopefully I'll be cleared for soft foofs today so I can see what I can consume without blowing me up. Just want something other than protien drinks and water....

Your guts are still healing and adjusting to their new configuration. It really does get better.
Having said that, I will second southernlady 's admonition to never, ever ignore those signals or think you can put it off. Sometimes you can, and then sometimes you can't. It's all part of the learning process.

Thank you for your support everyone. Is drinking water supposed to hurt this badly? I know my stomach was cut in half but it tends to sit at the bottom of my esophagus and slowly, painfully trickle down
I hope you're sipping as suggested by so many here. Smart aleck that I am, I tried more than a sip. It was more like a regular swallow, not a chug. I was drinking an Isopure protein that came in a bottle and looked & tasted like Gatorade. It was blue. Seconds later I was in the bathroom puking. I still puke on occasion. It's when I ignore my "I'm full." signal. I take one more bite and my body not so gently reminds me to pay heed to my runny nose and/or sneeze that tells me I've had enough.

Yup. I vomited a little bit after surgery when I skipped a sip and took a normal swallow. Second time I puked was eating too much yogurt at once.

I still screw up every now and again, but I haven't puked in a long time. I do get the "you're gonna puke right now" signal, but I haven't triggered it again.

Yet

I actually haven't puked at all so far. Don't even feel like it. When take too big a sip I feel the pain of stretching in my stomach but it still goes down and the pain eases after a moment.

The doctor was pleased with my progress though. Hopefully back to work in a couple weeks.

Going to try some cheese tonight and see what happens .

You have to be kind to yourself and give your body time to heal. I know it sux, but the healing is going to take time. I did not feel back to normal for about a year, though it got better every day. The first 6 months were hard. You have a body. It takes time to learn how it works.

Best thing I ever did was get the DS. In retrospect, recovery was hard and I was impatient.

I am also impatient.
To be fair, I feel pretty good considering my organs were rearranged less than two weeks ago. I'm unpacking and walking and may even paint today. It's just the fun surprises I'm not a fan of.

Did have some fresh mozzarella last night with vinegar. Put five small slices on a tiny sushi plate and couldn't figure out how u was full after two. Tried to force a third down but it was so painful. I didn't puke but I did end up regurgitating it up into a glass. Which is hot =p

I'll actually be happy once I can sleep comfortably. I'm still on my back with a wedge pillow. Just not how I looks to sleep.

I am also impatient.
To be fair, I feel pretty good considering my organs were rearranged less than two weeks ago. I'm unpacking and walking and may even paint today. It's just the fun surprises I'm not a fan of.

Did have some fresh mozzarella last night with vinegar. Put five small slices on a tiny sushi plate and couldn't figure out how u was full after two. Tried to force a third down but it was so painful. I didn't puke but I did end up regurgitating it up into a glass. Which is hot =p

I'll actually be happy once I can sleep comfortably. I'm still on my back with a wedge pillow. Just not how I looks to sleep.
STOP trying to force. You were full after two because your sleeve is still extremely swollen and pissy.
What are you painting? If a canvas with you standing, take LOTS of breaks and sip all the time. If something like a wall, DO NOT TRY IT!

I was over 3 months out when I redid a kitchen, stripping wallpaper, painting, adding a tile back splash, redoing a tile floor in a bathroom.. It was early April and I sweated bullets...losing about a gallon of fluid a day. I barely kept up. NO way I could have managed holding a paint brush any sooner.

Latest posts

Back