Surgery tomorrow

My tip that most people don't talk about besides sugar free pops was fresh Mozzeralla. That worked very well for me. Added some vinagar, olive oil and salt and peper. I lived on it for a few months.

It's still a protein go-to for me! I had a whole ball for lunch.

I'm so weak and tired. I wish I could lie on my side but it's too difficult and painful.

This is the worst of it. Glad you're feeling a bit better today, and it should improve each day.

There's really no reason for them to push protein so soon. Your body has protein stores that you can live on for the first few difficult weeks. The most important thing is to stay hydrated, which is tough at first, so if you can manage that you're doing well. Try different liquids (water of course, broth, crystal lite, sugar free popsicles, whatever works for you) and gradually add soft forms of protein when you can.

wonderful!!! yes, don't even worry about protein this early out, fluid is everything.

fyi a nice, easy to deal with protein I lived on for 4 months or so is syntrax nectars (look for "naturals" if you don't want artificial sweeteners). went down so much better than "milkshake" flavors of protein drinks.

the first week I remember I could tolerate ice cold beverages better than anything - I have since read some people are like that but with warm or tepid, so that's why we say to experiment.

I've noticed extra cold really makes it feel better. I'm guessing it's the cold on the swollen parts

Feels good to be home, even if I'm being swarmed by cats

I've noticed extra cold really makes it feel better. I'm guessing it's the cold on the swollen parts

Feels good to be home, even if I'm being swarmed by cats

It will get better and welcome home to a new and wonderful life.

Sugar Free pops. They are a life saver. Protein is hard at the begining. I did shakes for a couple weeks. I had to be careful on how I did protein. It was super soft protien at first. Greek Yogert, Fresh Mozzerella then, I could do seafood and eggs, then, I could do pork and finally chicken and steak. Now, I can eat whatever the heck I want. It took about 6 months to be able to eat everything and a year before I did not think about if I could eat something or not. Now, I look at a menu and don't think twice.

That really does sounds like an amazing life . My entire life had revolved around food and what I can't eat. The idea of not having to think about it.... It's something I can't even imagine

I managed to mix about 50 grams of protein into a 4 oz shake that's not too bad. Slowly sipping it with water and such.

I can't thank you all enough. Just being able yo talk to all of you who have been throith this during the hardest days has made it that much easier. Or at least it's easier to look into the future and not be stuck in my current misery.

Weighed in at 298.1 before surgery. Our scale is still at the other house which is probably fine, gives my body the time to lose the bloat it gained at the hospital. I can't wait to see that number go down.

Congrats on making it through. Glad you are home and hope you feel better soon! Please remember to stay hydrated. :)

This first night is a little rough. I have a recliner but it's actually not as comfortable as the hospital bed and I can't write lie down in bed yet. I also don't have a nice long hallway to wander down to ease my pain

The mantra for protein: Try to WORK UP TO 30 g/day by 30 days out; 60 g by 60 days; 90 g by 90 days. HYDRATION is way more important than protein right now. And if you think you can't swallow vitamins yet, and they will gag you - wait a week or two. This patient, PhD and all, has a very low gag reflex threshold, and I didn't start my vitamins (with increasing anxiety of course) until 3 months out. I didn't die.

I've read that a lot about the protein. I still keep hoping to get it down. Isopure makes these pretty tasty premixed drinks in flavors like grape and apple. There 40g in 20 oz and I'm having an eaay time getting it down as long as it has lots of ice.

My husband's grandma made a me a pureed winter squash and herb soup that was really tasty but blew my intestines up like a balooba which was too bad.

Oikos peach Greek yogurt seems to go down easily too.

It's been about 5 days and I have to had a BM. Anyone have any suggestions as to when to anticipate it? I know the pain killers can be constipating but it's still a rather pleasant surprise to not be on the toilet constantly.

Slept in the bed for an hour or so but it's still uncomfortable. Chair is also uncomfortable . Can't wait to sleep through the night and feel rested.

Temperature went up to over 101F last night and that freaked me out but it's down to the mid 99s now.

Sorry for the rambling post guys.

Oh man, I had potato leak soup on about day 10 and it was a disaster. You can't do that type of stuff. I found hot and sour soup and egg drop soup worked well early. Greek yogurt works well easily.

Yeah, the soup went into the freezer for later. imI trying some cream of broccoli watered down with bullion. The salt is really nice .had the ubpleaunpl experience of my first toilet visit. Had to order some tongs on Amazon. The bidet helps but...not enough.

Latest posts

Back