Surgery tomorrow

It's done. Peed for the first time, didn't realize it would be such an ordeal. Very uncomfortable =\

Congrats. I thought the first day was really hard. It gets a little better every day. Wait until you see the scale start to move......it's amazing.

Thank you for your support everyone. Is drinking water supposed to hurt this badly? I know my stomach was cut in half but it tends to sit at the bottom of my esophagus and slowly, painfully trickle down

Welcome to the Dark Side!

Don’t drink, SIP OFTEN! Try different types, temps of fluids. And yes, it’s gonna hurt, no lie. But it won’t hurt for long.

Welcome to the Dark Side!

Don’t drink, SIP OFTEN! Try different types, temps of fluids. And yes, it’s gonna hurt, no lie. But it won’t hurt for long.

They gave me pills and my God do they hurt. Finally have some protein stuff but it seemed to just sit in my stomach and HURT. Trying to remind myself that it will be worth it in the end.

They gave me pills and my God do they hurt. Finally have some protein stuff but it seemed to just sit in my stomach and HURT. Trying to remind myself that it will be worth it in the end.
The protein stuff they gave you may BE horrid. Just get thru this and get home.

I like home... It tastes okay, just uncomfortable to say the least. I'm trying to convince myself to get up and walk but it's hard.

I'm stuck here another night because of the pain when drinking. Better than going home early and getting dehydrated

I'm so glad you are taking in and peeing, sorry about the pain. sip fluids in TINY amounts. sip. wait. sip. wait.

YAY, you are post op!

After this long wait =)

I can feel the fluids hit every incision point skiing my digestive tract . It's rather unpleasant. I didn't realize how difficult it would be just to drink.

Thank you all again.

Congratulations!
Yes, even water is tough at this point. And I love water! Just keep going with teeny tiny sips, try different liquids, even different brands of water if it doesn't taste right, different temperatures (I usually like ice cold water but could only handle room temp post-op), etc. It DOES get better, day by day, just keep reminding yourself that, and why you did this, because you had very good reasons to put yourself through this.
And remember, unlike what some very uninformed people think, this isn't the easy way out, it's the only way out.

First week is a bear. It gets easier. I lived on sugar free popsicles for a while. They really helped.

Yeah, this is definitely not the easy why.... This may be the hardest thing, mentally and physically, I've ever done

PLain water was too hard for me till week 5. I needed flavored stuff, it was lighter and softer on my tummy. I liked grape and orange Crush sugar free water add ins. On Amazon.

That's weird that a flavoring helps so much. They brought me some packets of Crystal light but I just assumed it would make the pain worse . Maybe I'll try it

This last hour haveha been too bad. I've been up and about taking my shuffling walks and I think that's been helping a lot .

Latest posts

Back