Surgery Tomorrow

Did not sleep well our last night at MBC! Cleaning lady cleaning rooms around 1am, slamming cupboards and making a racket. That was just the start of our ad travel day. It took an hour and a half to get out of Mexicali. Then our flight was delayed 2hrs and we ended up staying in Chicago tonight. I'm so thirsty, hungry and crabby I better eat and go to bed.

Did not sleep well our last night at MBC! Cleaning lady cleaning rooms around 1am, slamming cupboards and making a racket. That was just the start of our ad travel day. It took an hour and a half to get out of Mexicali. Then our flight was delayed 2hrs and we ended up staying in Chicago tonight. I'm so thirsty, hungry and crabby I better eat and go to bed.
Well, I'm late in the game, but I wanted to say a big congrats! So happy for you; I know you've had a long journey leading up to this. I'm so sorry to hear you're going through all that travel crap on the way home. I hope it all works out for you tomorrow and you can get back and relax in your own home. :)

That sounds horrible! I hope things improve. Never go anywhere without water in your hand.

Sorry it was a crappy day...ALWAYS have a water bottle in hand, always. Let us know when you finally get home.

Hope you make it home soon, Jim.

Regarding the water, Liz makes a very good point. Try to keep a bottle of water with you and if you are like me some drink flavoring packs as well. Only in the past few months can I drink water without my Grape Crush water flavoring. As you get further out and can eat more as well you will also want to try to keep some jerky, protein bars and nut type snacks with you. It is hard and expensive to find good protein snacks when traveling.

Thanks for the tip with the water bottle. I was doing good with my fluids on the plane but by the time we got off the plane and caught our shuttle back to the hotel it was over 2hrs. Didn't figure for that amount of time being without water. I order some French onion soup and just had the juice for supper last night. It was delicious and I also got some Vitamin water. Then slept in a comfy bed. I'm in a lot better mood today! Now we just need to wait until 9:00 am for the rush hour traffic to calm down. Then it will be a 4 1/2 hr drive home.

Thanks for the tip with the water bottle. I was doing good with my fluids on the plane but by the time we got off the plane and caught our shuttle back to the hotel it was over 2hrs. Didn't figure for that amount of time being without water. I order some French onion soup and just had the juice for supper last night. It was delicious and I also got some Vitamin water. Then slept in a comfy bed. I'm in a lot better mood today! Now we just need to wait until 9:00 am for the rush hour traffic to calm down. Then it will be a 4 1/2 hr drive home.
Glad you are feeling better this morning.

Yikes on the 4/12 hour drive. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live? I live about 25 miles west of Peoria in Central IL and sometimes it is just as cheap to fly of here as it is Ohare. Other times it is close and when you figure in the mileage on the car, gas cost and parking cost it rarely is cheaper for us to fly out of Chicago....but we have. The regional jets do suck, even when you aren't sore and recovering from a surgery so the drive is probably more comfortable for you anyway and by time you factor in check in time, flight possibly being delayed (more probability than not now days) and flight time you are probably just as well time wise to drive.

Safe travels!

We live 70 miles N of Green Bay WI. I had a couple free flights for South West so we couldn't fly out of Green Bay. We couldn't get a direct flight unless flying out of midway in Chicago. Otherwise we usually fly American and fly out of Green Bay or sometimes Chicago Ohare.

We live 70 miles N of Green Bay WI. I had a couple free flights for South West so we couldn't fly out of Green Bay. We couldn't get a direct flight unless flying out of midway in Chicago. Otherwise we usually fly American and fly out of Green Bay or sometimes Chicago Ohare.
Cool and free flights are nice. Unfortunately I can never find a good deal on Southwest. I just booked a flight to Vegas out of Peoria for about $200 less than what SW wanted out of Chicago. When I lived in Phoenix we could get good deals but since moving back to Illinois I can't ever seem to find a time when SW is cheaper than American, Delta or United (all three options out of Peoria) or Virgin or Spirit out of Chicago.

BTW, my BIL lived in DePere for about 10 years.

Cool and free flights are nice. Unfortunately I can never find a good deal on Southwest. I just booked a flight to Vegas out of Peoria for about $200 less than what SW wanted out of Chicago. When I lived in Phoenix we could get good deals but since moving back to Illinois I can't ever seem to find a time when SW is cheaper than American, Delta or United (all three options out of Peoria) or Virgin or Spirit out of Chicago.

BTW, my BIL lived in DePere for about 10 years.
Wow, I lived for a few years in Phoenix too!! Been in SoCal about 4 years now. I lived out in the east valley, in the Gilbert area.

Chandler @ Riggs and Val Vista is where we lived. I would move to socal in a heartbeat if I could find a job that paid enough for me to live there

Agreed. Because they have to send you home on a plane they want to make absolutely sure you're not going to leak. It could really mess up your day (and their reputation) if you sprung a leak at 35,000 feet.

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Latest posts

Back