Surgery next Thursday, Starting Liquid Diet Tomorrow

I'm 13 days post-op now and am finally feeling human. Just within the past 48 hours the CO2 finally moved out of my upper abdomen, but I still have quite a bit in my lower. The movement that I did get, though, has made an enormous difference in my comfort level!

I'm having no trouble at all with hydration (80oz/day) or protein (90g/day) now. I still am required to get most of my protein from full liquids, so Premier Protein and I are never far apart, but as of yesterday I have also started to add a few puréed foods such as Laughing Cow wedges amd Underwood Chicken Spread. They are like manna from heaven! I also found a tapioca pudding that has no sugar added, and have had a little serving of that. It only has 4g of protein, so I probably won't buy it again, but it is nice to have some variety at this point.

You'll feel your energy start to return a little more every day. Be kind to yourself, and learn what you can manage. It will improve, but it's a journey. I'm also jealous of your hydration and protein targets - it was a real chore to eat anything for a couple of months for me.

Latest posts

Back