What is the actual REAL purpose of this 5 day liquid diet?

A month or two before surgery, my doctor made me go *off* a liquid diet I had been on for a long time (to qualify for "medically-supervised" diet for insurance purposes) as he was worried that the liquid diet would negatively impact the flora and fauna in my intestines. He wanted me on real food to build probiotic populations. Then, if memory serves, immediately prior to surgery he had me on a low fat diet for about a week and with clear liquids for the last 48 hours. I felt that was reasonable and much, much preferred alternative to a bowel prep. Honestly, were it not for those guidelines, that week I would have likely had a field day with unhealthy eating in saying goodbye to favorite foods I thought I would never be able to consume again e.g. pasta, pizza.

... Honestly, were it not for those guidelines, that week I would have likely had a field day with unhealthy eating in saying goodbye to favorite foods I thought I would never be able to consume again e.g. pasta, pizza.
I did that before I started the pre-op diet and tbh I don't regret it one bit, lol.

Love this board, love the people. I agree with you Rob - there's really no competition :D!

I actually really care about what happens to the people on here. I have all the friends I want and don't really let but a small and loyal circle of people in my Life, so I don't use the word "friend" recklessly and I consider the people on this site to be my friends. I've been all around and on other sites too, but, this one fits me and I cant really explain exactly why. I've found through life though, that it really is true that like people will gravitate towards like people, or as they say..."Birds of a feather Flock together".....that's FLOCK I said:D

Latest posts

Back