Post op pain?

I have not been able to really 'empty the guts' throw up since surgery. I've had really bad foamies and I've retched/hacked up a little bit but have not honest to goodness puked since surgery (though there we many times when I was learning my new stomach I earnestly wished I would).

I had to sign an agreement that I would sign up for the subscription to the DS multivitamin with my credit/debit card. It was at my preop so I wasn't about to rock the boat. I think it's to get vitamin compliance or at least it's for liability purposes for them. I figure I will buy them a couple months and then after I show I am complaint then I will do a different one from Amazon and utilize my Prime.

TBH a lot of bariatric docs I've read about try to strongarm patients into buying supplements from them. My cynical side sees that as just another way to wring money out of a vulnerable population. Vitamins don't go bad quickly. If you want to keep the peace and there's something else that works better take what works better and save up the horse pills for when you're a little further out. I promise not to rat you out.

It's probably a lack of skill but I never had much luck with a pill splitter. Magnesium glycinate helps me a lot with cramps but the pills are yuuge so I tried a pill splitter early post op and found the pill shards harder to take than the whole tablets. Wound up switching to a chewable magnesium malate for a couple weeks. Foul tasting stuff but it got me through until big pills weren't so challenging.

We love her to pieces!
TBH a lot of bariatric docs I've read about try to strongarm patients into buying supplements from them. My cynical side sees that as just another way to wring money out of a vulnerable population. Vitamins don't go bad quickly. If you want to keep the peace and there's something else that works better take what works better and save up the horse pills for when you're a little further out. I promise not to rat you out.

It's probably a lack of skill but I never had much luck with a pill splitter. Magnesium glycinate helps me a lot with cramps but the pills are yuuge so I tried a pill splitter early post op and found the pill shards harder to take than the whole tablets. Wound up switching to a chewable magnesium malate for a couple weeks. Foul tasting stuff but it got me through until big pills weren't so challenging.

I took Swanson's magnesium complex last night because it was necessary and I already have a big bottle but the cramping today was UNPLEASANT. I am going to try the glycinate next.

What do you think will happen if you don't take that huge pill? Are the vitamin police coming to your home? The last thing you should be doing is forcing something unnecessary into your poor sleeve.
Aside from the idiocy of a doctor making you sign this agreement (you think he can hold you to it? Does HE think so? No way) your body has vitamin stores to get you through the first few difficult weeks. Just stay focused on hydration and follow the great advice southernlady gave you. You will get the hang of it.

We have a commercial here in Az.on the justice channel. They say if a provider tells you that you have to use something they sale to leave and immediately report them.

We have a commercial here in Az.on the justice channel. They say if a provider tells you that you have to use something they sale to leave and immediately report them.

It's Dr. Ayoola and I am sure I will get tarred and feathered from his other patients if I do anything like that! It's not hurting anything so I can comply for now. It's not all the supplements they sell just the DS multivitamin. I just thought others should know.

In the world of vitamins though I wish I could get my mom off my back because she's trying to get me to use liquid vitamins and food supplements because mine are dastardly "synthetic." I've told her about the malabsorption but she has traumatic brain injury and regularly has health induced dementia so it is like talking to a wall. She's way more pushy than this doctor's office!

It's Dr. Ayoola and I am sure I will get tarred and feathered from his other patients if I do anything like that! It's not hurting anything so I can comply for now. It's not all the supplements they sell just the DS multivitamin. I just thought others should know.

In the world of vitamins though I wish I could get my mom off my back because she's trying to get me to use liquid vitamins and food supplements because mine are dastardly "synthetic." I've told her about the malabsorption but she has traumatic brain injury and regularly has health induced dementia so it is like talking to a wall. She's way more pushy than this doctor's office!

My sister is like that, she keeps after me to take the brand of whole food vitamins she's hawking. I've got enough on my plate without trying fun and interesting changes to supplementation. It's part of why I talked up the sleeve with my mom (who lives with my sister and is very much influenced by her).

My sister is like that, she keeps after me to take the brand of whole food vitamins she's hawking. I've got enough on my plate without trying fun and interesting changes to supplementation. It's part of why I talked up the sleeve with my mom (who lives with my sister and is very much influenced by her).

It's usually fun, interesting and EXPENSIVE changes too!

Latest posts

Back