Post op pain?

There's a burning/gnawing feeling that is going on in my stomach that only goes away in the morning when I take the Prilosec but it doesn't stay gone. But I am not sure if it is hunger, pain or heartburn either. Or all of the above.
If it goes away and then returns, it’s possible you need a stronger dose. Talk to your PCP.

Or you might need to take it twice/day. Or maybe taking it in the early evening might work better than in the morning, because that way, it would be at maximum strength during the night, when you need it most. Or, who knows, but discuss with Dr. Ayoola. Recovery from any major surgery is rough, there is no reason to suffer unnecessarily.

Rule of thumb I was told for protein was to try to get 30 grams a day in up until 30 days, 60 grams till 60 days, 90 grams till 90 days, then settle in at whatever your goal amount is after that (usually a 100-120 grams). I was able to go faster than that later on but the first couple weeks I didn't beat it by much. Agree with the others on prioritizing hydration over hitting protein goals. Getting dehydrated will make feel lower than an depressed earthworm right quick.
I never could stand them but there are Premier has clear protein drinks that some people love. Walgreens and Meijer both carry them, I think in 4 packs. Don't buy a case of anything to try it, what tastes and textures work are very hit or miss early out. I was an idjit and bought a case of the raspberry off of Amazon early out because I assumed I couldn't find them locally and because hey, I love Raspberry so how bad could it be. I think I choked down 5 of them over about 2 months before eventually tossing the remainder. Bone broth spiked with a ramen packet is another "lighter" protein (use an insulated cup with a lid, it gets unappetising when it cools off and you aren't going to drink it that fast this early out).

There's a burning/gnawing feeling that is going on in my stomach that only goes away in the morning when I take the Prilosec but it doesn't stay gone. But I am not sure if it is hunger, pain or heartburn either. Or all of the above.

sounds like heartburn....

Have you ever had abdominal hernia surgery? Because omg that was like the worst pain EVER!!!! The DS was a cake walk comparatively.

My surgeries in the order of least painful to OMG GIMME ALLLLLL THE DRUGS:
VSG
Right Hip
Left Hip
DS
Apronectomy
Abdominal Hernia repaired with biological mesh.

It ain't so bad.

Have you ever had abdominal hernia surgery? Because omg that was like the worst pain EVER!!!! The DS was a cake walk comparatively.

My surgeries in the order of least painful to OMG GIMME ALLLLLL THE DRUGS:
VSG
Right Hip
Left Hip
DS
Apronectomy
Abdominal Hernia repaired with biological mesh.

It ain't so bad.

I have not had a hernia but I have had many back surgeries and surgeries in general. The only surgery more painful than this surgery was the 360° Fusion where they go in through the abdomen vertically to remove discs and replace with titanium spacers and then through the back to put in rods and screws. It's been ten years and I still get panicky about needing another fusion.

I picked up my new CPAP yesterday and they showed me how to use it too. When I woke up this morning I felt pretty good and I don't hurt so bad all over. That is pretty miraculous because I always wake up in pain. I have lost ten pounds too! Maybe it's because a week has passed or it's all due to the cpap, I don't know. Things are feeling better now.

I picked up my new CPAP yesterday and they showed me how to use it too. When I woke up this morning I felt pretty good and I don't hurt so bad all over. That is pretty miraculous because I always wake up in pain. I have lost ten pounds too! Maybe it's because a week has passed or it's all due to the cpap, I don't know. Things are feeling better now.
Wonderful news! You're well on your way to healing!!!! Please, though, do remember to take it easy - you are still recovering and at risk of hernia when lifting, etc. All the best!

Good sleep helps you loss weight!

I think the burning gnawing feeling was pain and hunger. I feel less pain now that I'm about ten days post op but I am always hungry. Always. It's disconcerting when my stomach is full but I'm still having hunger sensations with mouth watering. I hate that and hope it goes away.

I also don't have any fullness cues. I feel this fullness in my esophagus and it hurts there and in my back. So I try to stop when I think I have eaten enough before my esophagus hurts. I don't feel like I am successful in hydration, consuming all the protein or getting in the vitamins. I'm not dehydrated but I am not reaching the amount of water yet. If I take a nap or sleep in I really fall behind in drinking water. Also I HAVE to take my surgeon's multivitamin and signed an agreement but HOLY COW it's huge. HUGE.

Latest posts

Back