Post op pain?

Can you use a pill cutter or a mortar & pestle to make it smaller?

Right now, your fullness cues are all wonky as the nerves were cut and your brain isn't getting the signal. If you know two bites is okay but three is a maybe and four a now, stop at two for the moment, wait 30 mins or more and then maybe 2 more.

As far as hydration, remember everything that is liquid counts. And sip. Keep fluid by you ALL THE TIME and make it a habit to reach for it at least every 5 mins. All you need is a single sip or two but at every 5 mins, that's a bunch of fluid in one hour.

I may be wrong but making you sign an agreement to take a specific type of vitamin may not be legal. It sure as hell ain't moral or ethical.

What do you think will happen if you don't take that huge pill? Are the vitamin police coming to your home? The last thing you should be doing is forcing something unnecessary into your poor sleeve.
Aside from the idiocy of a doctor making you sign this agreement (you think he can hold you to it? Does HE think so? No way) your body has vitamin stores to get you through the first few difficult weeks. Just stay focused on hydration and follow the great advice southernlady gave you. You will get the hang of it.

I had to sign an agreement that I would sign up for the subscription to the DS multivitamin with my credit/debit card. It was at my preop so I wasn't about to rock the boat. I think it's to get vitamin compliance or at least it's for liability purposes for them. I figure I will buy them a couple months and then after I show I am complaint then I will do a different one from Amazon and utilize my Prime.

My postop is Thursday and I am trying to look cooperative even though it seems impossible to do what they want and I don't want to lie. I don't know if I mentioned this but I have extra protein and hydration goals because I am breastfeeding still. I am guessing that I am making less milk but my baby seems fine with it and just as determined and enthusiastic about it. She might be my last baby and I am in no hurry to stop. It's not like they can make me stop either just because I am not getting four protein drinks in a day. I'm just trying hard. I can't imagine working and trying to get all this stuff in!

Last edited:
I think the burning gnawing feeling was pain and hunger. I feel less pain now that I'm about ten days post op but I am always hungry. Always. It's disconcerting when my stomach is full but I'm still having hunger sensations with mouth watering. I hate that and hope it goes away.

So you just had Wls 10 days ago and you are always hungry? Most of us had no appetite and had to force ourselves to eat or drink a bite or so. Could it be head hunger?

Now that you are post op, cancel that with your credit/debit card thru your bank. They can’t take back your DS.
Except I need them still. They're going to do my bloodwork. It's comparable in price to Kirkland's so it's ok and I can swallow it.

Last edited:
So you just had Wls 10 days ago and you are always hungry? Most of us had no appetite and had to force ourselves to eat or drink a bite or so. Could it be head hunger?

Head hunger is still real. If your brain thinks your body is hungry it's hard to argue with that. However, I started being hungry all the time at about seven days. My mouth waters and there's that echoey feeling in my mouth and stomach. That gnawing feeling of hunger. I had some baked fish, canned peas and little baked potato and it went away the other day. But yogurt nor protein drinks doesn't satiate my hunger.

Getting ready for work so I'm not going to chase the exact details down, but I was hungry before I left the hospital after my DS (IIRC about 3 days postop).

It's disconcerting when my stomach is full but I'm still having hunger sensations with mouth watering. I hate that and hope it goes away.
If I overeat I get a ridiculous excessive amount of saliva (I've filled a 12 oz cup in half an hour with spit). Usually it lets up after about 45 minutes.

If I overeat I get a ridiculous excessive amount of saliva (I've filled a 12 oz cup in half an hour with spit). Usually it lets up after about 45 minutes.
That’s called the foamies. I get them when I need to throw up. Best advice is to stop much sooner and let food settle. Then in 15-30 mins, things should settle down and you can decide to continue or not.

The only time I have thrown up was when I ate chicken breast on the bone and not from the can. If felt ok and then it hurt in my chest. Then it came back up. Usually I get a twinge in my esophagus so I know to stop but that time I didn't.

Latest posts

Back