My jaw AGAIN - Update 11/18/14

they should have given you something for nausea :sick:

feel better Liz

:5grouphug:
I didn't discover the issue til I was halfway home...but it explains why I was coughing. Trying to get the gunk out. I should have said queasy not nauseous. And I never threw up, just wasn't the best feeling.

Wonderful news that the hardware is gone! I'll be thinking about you and hoping your feeling much better when you wake up!! (((((((HUGS))))))))
I'm not sure better YET but I did sleep thanks to pain meds. I have them every six hours so I already took mine this morning as well.

Working on my first of at LEAST 3 protein drinks for the day. Hopefully do four tho. The rest is just fluid of whatever floats my boat. The protein also adds 11 oz of fluid to each one. AND I HAVE MY COFFEE!!!

They were really nice at the OR yesterday...even gave me some tylenol intravenously to help with the caffeine headache I had developed due to lack of coffee. I DID ask if they could just add coffee to the bag they hung! On the way home we had to stop for dh to eat (if he goes without eating too long he gets migraines). We stopped at a Perkins and I got some soup...got chicken and noodle and told them more broth than chicken or noodles. Ate JUST the broth and it felt so good.

Healing just takes time...the best part was to hear that he did NOT have to replace the hardware, so after I am healed, this will be behind me.

Healing just takes time...the best part was to hear that he did NOT have to replace the hardware, so after I am healed, this will be behind me.

don't blame you, that's enough of that! hope today is a lot better & YAY for coffee!

I HURT, my face is badly swollen and hot and due to some residual bleeding, I am sticking to liquids this morning. I LOOK like a chipmunk again, only this time, the upper part of my face.

I JUST have to get past this and will heal but right now I wish I didn't own my face.
Hope it goes quickly, I'm sure it doesn't seem like it now, but it will soon!

Today was my post op follow up appt. I knew it would be a quick in and out of the office cause even *I* can tell I am healing well. He checked the incision and it is healing nicely, asked if I had seen any of the stitches come out yet....uuuummmm, no, but now I am forewarned, LOL.

Told him I had noticed two things. Now when I "clinch" my teeth, it doesn't tingle and hurt. It's just pressure. And I could tell the cheek bones were still tender when I pressed on them. Soreness is normal, just don't press on them, :) As to the not tingling...that means the hardware was causing more issues than we realized and it's a good thing it all came out.

I don't go back for a month and since he has no more hardware in there, I suspect that will be my last visit with him.

Awesome!, looks like you're over the hump and with a lil luck can be sawin on a turkey leg like the rest of us by next week :D

FINAL UPDATE!!!!

I had my one month follow up and he released me...(after a teaching moment to his two NEWEST residences).

Told him that I NEVER EVER wanted to see him in surgery again. didn't mind seeing him in a social situation, just not in the OR!

I'M RELEASED!!!
:ngbbs450d0391e9c80:

Latest posts

Back