My jaw AGAIN - Update 11/18/14

If it's scar tissue, I just need to live with it cause going in and getting rid of the scar tissue just creates MORE scar tissue. IF it's a stone or blockage, then he will also deal with that.

hard to know what to hope for: something fixable, I guess. does the catching and pain happen often? :frown:

Glad you have every confidence in your doctor, Liz. Hope the day comes and goes and you are done dealing with this!
IF he just removes them, I will finally be done with this. IF he has to replace them, he said he would use smaller plates, shorter posts so I won't have so much FULLNESS in my sinuses.

Okay, got my date. Pre-op is the 3rd of Nov. With surgery on the 6th (day surgery) and ALL it says on the form is bone plate REMOVAL!!! So he apparently is hoping for that as well.

@southernlady So sorry to hear about your jaw issues. I too suffer from dental woes. Never had a baby but believe mouth pain is the worst. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Never had a child myself...I gained mine via marriage...they were 10 and 12 at the time. :) Not sure which is worse, giving birth or raising TEENS!!!

Okay, surgery is tomorrow afternoon. Have to be there at 1 PM (means leaving around 9 AM in case of traffic) and surgery is set to begin at 2:30...it's gonna be late evening getting home tomorrow.

When I saw him Monday, he had my panoramic up and we looked at them. There are actually 4 plates and two posts and all the assorted screws. He warned me my upper jaw will be numb UP to a month while healing...so it's gonna be a LONG month of mostly liquids/very soft food. Oh and my CT scan was fine. He was looking for at the salivary glands in case of blockage...I have pain under my jaw on one side and if it was a blockage, he would fix it while in there. BUT if it wasn't, it was most likely scar tissue and messing with scar tissue just creates MORE scar tissue.

Swing critters, send good thoughts, prayers whatever! I accept any and all.

Latest posts

Back