My rent is now discounted…

Spiky Bugger

So, updates from the Home for the Perpetually Bewildered…

They just are NOT providing the meals they are REQUIRED to provide me…as in, appropriate to my medical needs. Upper administration is fairly new. The guy who runs Food Service has been here 12 years. He not only “phones it in,” but he either lies or is clueless. At this morning’s daily staff meeting, Food Guy said I was wrong…they were NOT serving dinner at 3:45 pm. Another staff member said that he was HERE, in our apartment, when dinner arrived…at 3:45 pm.

Laws/regulations/etc require that there be no more than 14 hours between dinner and the next morning’s bkfst. Looks to me like food guy is trying to get all meals served on one work shift. So it has been too long. Like from 3:30 pm dinner until 9:00 am bkfst…over 18 hours. The majority of folks here are complacent or just unable to demand better service. The new admin wants a larger percentage of “independent” types…we require fewer services (at least, at first) and that means less staff and more profit.

I’m just not complacent. (You noticed?) To get me to settle down…and NOT engage the ombudsman’s office and file formal complaints…we have agreed that I will buy my dinners from outside and they will discount my rent by $500/mo. I had PLANNED to let them provide my lunches. But this afternoon, they sent a menu for next week that has NUMEROUS lunches I cannot eat…like “braised beef” (almost always involves onions and garlic) and ”roast turkey” that is really some kind of turkey loaf with unknown (to me) ingredients. They may need to knock off ANOTHER 500 bucks. They bring me bacon for breakfast. I just make my own mini-breakfast burritos like I’ve done for years. (Sometimes, Trader Joe’s gluten free pancakes or waffles, rarely French toast, usually just the mini-burritos.)

BTW, the cheaper low FODMAP meals cost $12.95, delivered. So $12.95 x 30 days = $388.50. The difference between that number and the $500, about $3.70/day, is because I figured they’d want to negotiate the amount down…but they didn’t do that.

And I guess they didn’t decide to throw us out, because they gave us a key to the building’s front door, which is locked when the front office staff leaves at 5 p.m. The More Bewildered inmates don’t usually go out alone or after hours. They decided that the independent folks can have a key. That was my clue we were NOT being evicted…lol!

I'm glad you are there to be the squeaky wheel - not only for your health, but also for those who shrink from all sorts of confrontation. Also, I'm surprised that the Food Service guy is still there. I wonder how many other things he's letting slip in the name of expediency and/or complacence.

Looks to me like food guy is trying to get all meals served on one work shift.

and absolutely has been counting on people either not complaining or not being believed. I don't see how he can be that clueless, I think he is a lying weasel. :mad:

keep advocating for yourself and the others who are less able to do so

yes, please! since you are posting about it I think you are enjoying yourself - really hope that is and continues to be true.

My father’s nursing home tried to pull that, too.

this makes financial sense, even though it's bullshit.

they gave us a key to the building’s front door

they absolutely want you to stay, despite not being able to force you to pay for their unacceptable food "service".

this makes me so mad!!!

but I'm glad you are able to stand up to them!

Latest posts

Back