Anybody Know About Bellevue WA?

k9ophile

I'm scheduled to go to Bellevue for a convention from June 27th through July 2nd. Mr. K9 is driving me crazy. He thinks it's dangerous. Like riots in the streets and complete anarchy. My Google search does not result in any such dangers. Additionally, I'm having some issues from my hip fracture last year. I've arranged to rent a mobility scooter and am fully prepared to get assistance from United Airlines, the hotel, and I'm packing as light as I can. I'm limiting myself to one suitcase and a small carry-on.

If anyone has personal experience or knows of a reliable website to assess and publish statistics or other helpful information, I WOULD BE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL. If I leave the hotel, I won't go out alone. Considering I'm limited with the scooter, I'm not planning on going to the space needle and other tourist attractions. Maybe restaurants a block or two from the hotel. (Hyatt Regency in Bellevue)

I appreciate that he has cares and concerns, but I'm feeling a bit smothered. This is not out of character for him. When we first moved to TN, I traveled for my job. I was younger and able to navigate around without problems. Yet he still was a bit overprotective, but it's like he's overprotective on steroids.

Mr. K9 is driving me crazy. He thinks it's dangerous. Like riots in the streets and complete anarchy.

I used to hang out on citydata forums and still sometimes go there: from this I can tell you than anywhere that is considered "liberal" - like Portland, like Bellevue - is overrun with right-wingers (paid? trolls? legit? I don't know) telling you how TERRIBLE it is.

for some reason. :confused:

I expect you would find it is perfectly fine.

Not an expert on that area, but I'm sure it is as fine as any other US city or small town, with some parts rougher than others and with outsiders needing to keep wits about themselves... Hope you have a fun trip!

some parts rougher than others and with outsiders needing to keep wits about themselves
that is what I am guessing - is it a large convention? can you hook up with others there for the same thing?

I hope you can enjoy your trip!

Latest posts

Back