I am officially one of you!!

Glad you're back home.

Carbs whether in fruit, fruit juice or gatorade will give you gas. Not comfortable.

The word after the 42 is "bougie" a french word pronounced BOO-zhee. Bougies are different size forms they use while stapling the stomach. Since a surgeon can staple very close or var from the edge, the size doesn't necessarily have a lot of meaning.

You really must get a copy of the operative report. Very important to have when you're not even sure what it is that they did.

yes I emailed my surgeons assistant to ask for one. I am also going to ask Friday when I go to my follow up appointment. Fruit or not it didnt matter I do not like the taste of the vanilla or chocolate protein powders and they are different brands.
So since the dr said after my 5th day if I can tolerate it I can add some greek yogurt and creamy strained soups I found these awesome mixed berry creamed greek yogurts (its already blended no chunks of fruit) no sugar or anything added. And it gives me 12 grams of protein in a pretty small portion. Also the creamy soups I found when made with milk I get about 10 grams of protein so I am going to try to reach my protein quota that way instead of worrying about protein shakes.

I appreciate everyones help and info its been awesome. The G2 Gatorade actually has not given me gas at all and I like it so I have been sipping on about one a day to help with liquids.
Also I did have one excedrine for the INSANE migraines I was getting and it helped so much, today is the first day I took it and I have been up and working since 4 am! I am so happy today is the 6th day and the best I have been feeling since surgery.

I was able to have a whole can of creamy soup took me about half hour to eat but 10 grams for today already done!

I am also going to ask the measurements of all the limbs and cc, I want to know and get my report. THANKS EVERYONE!

I just wanted to add my operative report. They just emailed me it today. I am not great at the medical stuff so thought Id get a few opinions of the pros. I am going to read it now myself lol

Attachments

• operative report.pdf
    145.5 KB · Views: 15
Ok I am freaking out a little I read it and I have the feeling that its the loop I didnt see anything about
Total SBL Length
AL length?
Or am I wrong, HELP!

I read every word of the operative report and understood about 3 of them, lol. It looks like you have a 100 cm common channel and 200 cm AL. I am sure people with better skills at reading medical reports will chime in soon. I am not familiar with the size of bougie used but, I am guessing it is just a different type of measuring device.

The report is more vague in details than I would like, but I THINK (not 100% sure) that it's a real DS because he seems to describe 2 separate anastomoses. But if this is the case, he really glosses over the second anastomosis, the one of small bowel to small bowel. I mean, it's barely mentioned. So hopefully it's a real DS but you need to ask to make sure.
As far as limb lengths, I don't even want to hazard a guess, it's so vague. And it doesn't sound like he uses the Hess method because there was no mention of total small bowel length.

Sorry about all the hedging, but that's the best I can do. Let us know what he says when you find out.

I read the report a second time and the key portion a couple more times and I'm STILL not sure. Sorry! But very anxious to know what you find out. Let's hope for the best.

I agree with @Larra - but I think the mention of marks at 200 and 300 cm from the ileocecal junction mean you have a 300 cm alimentary limb and a 200 cm common channel. There is no mention of having measured your entire intestine at all - he fairly clearly had his limb lengths predetermined and did NOT use the Hess method.

That is a hard to decipher report and a couple of odd points.

He says he measured proximal to the ileocecal junction but I never see where he said the SB was actually divided and unless I also missed this part I don't see a comment where the distal anastomosis was completed?

I also can't tell lengths of any channels becsuse I don't see where bowel was divided and what section if divided was attached to complete the duodenal anastomosis.

Finally, I don't understand why part of the procedure was done traditional lap and then mid surgery the Davinci was docked and used to complete the procedure.

Note that this doesn't mean anything was done improperly and could just be less than clear reporting.

I agree with @Larra - but I think the mention of marks at 200 and 300 cm from the ileocecal junction mean you have a 300 cm alimentary limb and a 200 cm common channel. There is no mention of having measured your entire intestine at all - he fairly clearly had his limb lengths predetermined and did NOT use the Hess method.
The 200 cm CC, that I can see from this report but measuring another 100 cm doesn't imply a 300 cm AL to me. Honestly I don't know what it means. ???

The way I read it, the surgeon:
  • Measured the 200 cm mark from the ileocecal valve, then marked it; measured a further 100 cm back and marked that.
  • Dissected/mobilized the stomach and duodenum
  • Created the sleeve
  • Cut the duodenum 1.5 cm below the pylorus
  • Anastomosed the duodenal stump to the 300 cm mark (not positive, because he didn't SAY so, but that's what makes sense to me)
  • Then cut the ileum just upstream of that, and anastomosed that end to the ileum at the 200 cm mark (again, he didn't SAY that, but that's what makes sense to me)
  • I don't see where he says that he closed either open end of the ileum, either the one slightly upstream of the duodenal-ileal anastomosis, or the top duodenal end of the biliopancreatic limb - one would HOPE he did so!

Okay so 1.5 centimeters below the Pylorus so that means my valve is intact right it's not like the sadi where the bile just runs right over it am I correct in that

Okay so in about a week and a half two weeks actually I think two to three weeks I have an appointment with my actual surgeon not his little minions what is it specifically that you guys would ask him

Latest posts

Back