I am officially one of you!!

Kittykatkris

Hello there everyone I have officially crossed over.
My surgery was about 9 am this morning, Dec 7th. And I woke up being wheeled into recovery around 130pm.

I am actually suprised at how well I feel, I guess I shouldnt be I begged God for it to be like that lol!

So the worst pain for me was in the elbow joints of my arm actually because of hyper extension basically the whole time of the surgery.
I am not having to much gas pain at all. They are staying on top with pain med administering to keep it all at bay. I am actually on my laptop doing work!! Ha so I figured I would post and let everyone know I am doing great. I evn drank 8 ounces of water already or should I say SIPPED lol!

Congratulations! Wow! My doc wouldn't even give me fluids for 48 hours post-op. Amazed you could swallow that. Sorry about your arms.

That's awesome to hear! I go in on Thursday and my surgery is at 7am. Have to be there at 5:30am. I too have been praying and believing for a safe, quick surgery and recovery. Keep sipping and walking!

Lucky you with the water! I got a wet q-tip to use on my dry lips. lol Wonderful to hear you are doing so well!

Congratulations! You are doing great, way ahead of schedule so far. Just keep on sipping and do your walking and you'll be home soon.

Congratulations and hopefully you keep feeling this well. Stay on top of the pain control because when all the anesthesia wears off it can sometimes be a little tougher on day 2..so keep hydrated, walk while you feel like it (it will help get your bowels going) and don't be afraid to ask for more pain meds if needed.

That is awesome you are able to drink. Drinking was very hard for me and was by far my biggest challenge for several months. I didn't have much abdominal pain at all but everything tasted terrible and I just wasnt thirsty.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I remember the nurse at the hospital yelling at me for drinking too much water. I was so thirsty and they wanted me to drink one "med cup" full each hour. That is about an ounce. My surgeon said, the next day, that if I could drink to go ahead and drink.

Ok so i found out a few more details.
They said i have a 42 stomach and that they did a 250 common channel.

I am a little upset about this because we had said the longest 200 cm n he even said it might be changed shorter depending on what it looks like inside.

I do know he was worked about malnutrition over time n nervous cause i was a light weight. So i think he may have done this so he felt better conscious wise,
But regardless its done now!!

Also i see people with info on who surgeon was what surgery what specs lol and also their initial weight n the little progress board. I searched n searched n can't find where i can enter that info

Ok so i found out a few more details.
They said i have a 42 stomach and that they did a 250 common channel.

I am a little upset about this because we had said the longest 200 cm n he even said it might be changed shorter depending on what it looks like inside.

I do know he was worked about malnutrition over time n nervous cause i was a light weight. So i think he may have done this so he felt better conscious wise,
But regardless its done now!!
Are you sure that measurement is your common channel (CC) and not your Alimentary Limb(AL)? That sounds much more like the length of an AL than a CC. Did he tell your total small bowel length (SBL)?

The numbers that you need to get are:
1. Total SBL Length
2. AL length
3. CC length

You say that you were a lightweight so if you don't mind me asking, what are your statistics. BMI, Height and weight? I didn't catch the name of your surgeon, so if you could share that as well that would be appreciated.

How are you feeling this morning?

Also i see people with info on who surgeon was what surgery what specs lol and also their initial weight n the little progress board. I searched n searched n can't find where i can enter that info
Go the top right of the page and hover over your name. Click on the Profile Page and then click on the surgery details tab to enter surgical detail, signature tab if you want to input a signature, personal details to fill that information in.

BTW if you want a ticker you can go to
http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php and then cop the url information you will get after creating your ticker on that site and paste it into the signature area.

EDIT: My initial directions were incorrect so I amended them.

Last edited:
Are you sure that measurement is your common channel (CC) and not your Alimentary Limb(AL)? That sounds much more like the length of an AL than a CC. Did he tell your total small bowel length (SBL)?

The numbers that you need to get are:
1. Total SBL Length
2. AL length
3. CC length

You say that you were a lightweight so if you don't mind me asking, what are your statistics. BMI, Height and weight? I didn't catch the name of your surgeon, so if you could share that as well that would be appreciated.

How are you feeling this morning?
Hi again, at the starting of it all i weighed 240 lbs im 5'5", yesterday before surgery weighed 232.
My surgeon was Dr teixera in Lenox hill hospital in Manhattan.

I feel ok..its pretty much same feelings as when i had the cyst removed from my ovary just the soreness is more up.

Latest posts

Back