Bowel prep tips anyone?

I'm surprised (not that I have that much experience) that that regimen would work well enough to clean you out, but it doesn't sound that awful at all. Hey, if it works, I'd rather do that than even the Suprep.

Bisacodyl is marketed under the trade names Dulcolax/Durolax, Fleet, Nourilax, Alophen, Correctol, and Carter's Little Pills (formerly Carter's Little Liver Pills[4]) as well as being available generically.
I'm still not seeing how this can work effectively enough, but hey - it's not awful.

(I always thought Carter's Little Liver Pills were iron supplements! Instead, they are a laxative!)

Mix 8OZ of Miralax with 64OZ of Gaterade.

Afternoon on the day before: 4 Bisacodyl tabs then a hour later half of the Miralax mix. GasX later if needed.

Early Morning the day of: 4 Bisacodyl tabs and the rest of theMirlax mixed with Gatorade.

I have done the Golytely and it is not fun!

My procedure is in a hospital under general anesthesia and not until 1:30PM

I, too, cannot imagine getting enough of a cleanout on this regimen. I think if I were in your shoes I'd add some sugar free gummy bears in there :). (See what I wrote about those above.)

Since I am in a hospital under general anesthesia maybe they are going to CLEAN ME OUT if needed.......hope not. I had the same Dr last time and he ordered the Golytely then, he has been around for a long while so I trust that he knows his sh1! :cool:

For my last colonoscopy they had me do the ducolax and miralax combination and it worked really well for me. I liked it a lot better than doing Fleets. Actually, the ducolax did such a good job of clearing me out that there wasn't much left for the miralax to work with.

Well you old pros were right! I got further instruction to complete the prep the night before my visit because I was having general anesthesia and they didn't want me to eat or drink after midnight. All total I took 8 Bisacodyl tabs and 8 OZ of Miralax with 64 OZ of Gaterade. It didn't do a good enough job. Now I need to go back and the Doc says I need a 2 day prep. I will ask them about the Suprep and the Moviprep. They only good thing about this was when I was weighed in the hospital I was at my lowest weight....170 pounds even!

Well you old pros were right! I got further instruction to complete the prep the night before my visit because I was having general anesthesia and they didn't want me to eat or drink after midnight. All total I took 8 Bisacodyl tabs and 8 OZ of Miralax with 64 OZ of Gaterade. It didn't do a good enough job. Now I need to go back and the Doc says I need a 2 day prep. I will ask them about the Suprep and the Moviprep. They only good thing about this was when I was weighed in the hospital I was at my lowest weight....170 pounds even!
Sorry you have to repeat the prep. At least this time and from now on out, you know what you need to do.

Get the Suprep - do in the AM and PM, and then go NPO.
Why are you being done under general anesthesia instead of Propofol?

great :) I ended up way busy when you were beginning your weight loss stage and didn't come back for like a year or so :) I'm not as busy now LOL

Latest posts

Back