So...BOWEL PREP!! Vote here!

I would be starting early.

Next time, I will, too. Or not.

BUT, I asked my doctor why it seemed that they were trying to time it for the last possible minute. In fact, they had even LATER start times for those whose procedure time was 10:00 a.m. or later.

So, if I have this right, the "cutting it close" is because the laxatives and all the clear liquids--and they recommend many, many beverages, both sweet and salty-- "wash away" the mucosal stuff making seeing everything and taking photos easier, providing a better chance for accurate diagnoses.

Knowing that I need eleven hours to get started, I think I'd ask for a later procedure time...maybe noon?...and then work backwards on the timing. Like, start at 9:00 p.m., second dose at 11:00 p.m., sleep and then wake up to a morning of pooping before the trip to the hospital.

Glad it is over with and I think a pretty positive report so far?

I hate, hate, hate bowel prep. The best one for me was the last one where I was instructed to mix a bottle of Miralax with 64 oz of my preferred liquid which I chose Orange gatorade and drink that in an hour around noon the day before. Then later to take 2 dulcolax and drink more liquid. It was very easy to drink and didn't taste like the horrible Suprep stuff which tastes like a horrible cough syrup to me (I would do the golytely over that if my only two options). It was effective.

The DS geek in me was happy to read normal pylorus - so great to have one in use given the alternatives! Also glad the results were mostly favorable. Bowel prep is horrible. I'm in the frequent flyer club for polyp farming. I wish there were a way they could just include a clean-out via strong irrigation during the procedure once the happy drugs are doing their good work. Best wishes that the insight you need comes swiftly.

Latest posts

Back