Whats your BMI now?

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
My highest was 63, today I am 8 months out and at 39. It's crazy to have come this far and still be where so many of you have started out. I feel like I'm hot to trot these days :tongue:

ETA- forgot to add I had DS

Last edited:

JJ The Jet Plane

I would have to lose 50 more pounds to not be obese, so I feel like the BMI chart is way off for heavyweights like EN said. I will not get there without winning the lottery. Ive accepted that I may stay this size, I may lose a little more I may gain a little more but I would consider losing a person who qualifies for wls a success.. that is mind blowing enough. I can't imagine carrying all that weight on me now. I am still always trying to lean to open doors, it just does not work these days. Post op life is funny.

kirstabelle

Was 59 at time of op. Got down to 33.
10 years on it is now 37.

Wow that hurts to read. :-( In saying that if I knew then what I know now I am fairly certain I would have reached a far lower BMI and stayed there.
I hate being one of the few who skews the great DS stats!

Jo777

Aug 2017
highest ever: 49.3 (stopped checking in when I hit 310+)
decision day: 44.5
day of VSG: 42
lowest post VSG <21.5 (boney!!)
now: 24-25.. depending on the week/month. No plastics, plenty of panni & skin. I'm always chasing about 7-10lbs that would easily come off, IF I stopped being hedonistic and frankly, lazy.. so I guess "chasing" isn't the right word, just been comfy here but I prefer to be around a 23BMI.. with more muscle, less fluff.