what are you reading?

Most of my reading is fiction or at least fiction based. Add time travel and it gets fun. I honestly do not read much non fiction as I read to escape and visit improbable places. Or probable ones just in improbable situations.
Current one: Falling for a Knight by Cecelia Mecca . Mix time travel 2010ish American female and 1390's Hunky Scottish together.

But I average about 15 books a month, most using my Kindle Unlimited account. And with 3349 books on the Amazon Cloud in my Kindle, I'll never catch up.

I have a kindle and use it sometimes (I have lots of free books on it, too) but I really prefer to hold an actual book. a used book store nearby went out of business a few months ago and had bag sales so I have tons of old stuff like Mary Stewart and am really enjoying them.

:icon study:

I have a kindle and use it sometimes (I have lots of free books on it, too) but I really prefer to hold an actual book. a used book store nearby went out of business a few months ago and had bag sales so I have tons of old stuff like Mary Stewart and am really enjoying them.

:icon study:
I do too but...
1) holding a real book hurts my hands too much now
2) space and weight limitations. No way I could have over 3000 books with me in my rig.

love me some time travel novels too! Just finished reading the Outlander series again... waiting on the next book.. I have kindle unlimited but on my iPhone - and currently reading Ghost Detective. I read to stop the insanity that is my brain... so want something that is not true or scary - ie Trump. :). Southern Lady - going to look up your TT book..

someone on goodreads recommended I Capture the Castle, by the same woman who wrote 101 Dalmatians. I got it from the library along with Fearless and Free, How Smart Women Pivot and Relaunch Their Careers. the latter may just depress rather than inspire me, not sure! but I've been looking forward to the novel since I heard of it.

and since I have been having pretty bad insomnia I ordered Quiet Your Mind and Get to Sleep from Amazon. site says it might arrive as early as Wednesday. hope it helps! :frustrated:

Last edited:
love me some time travel novels too! Just finished reading the Outlander series again... waiting on the next book.. I have kindle unlimited but on my iPhone - and currently reading Ghost Detective. I read to stop the insanity that is my brain... so want something that is not true or scary - ie Trump. :). Southern Lady - going to look up your TT book..
I THINK I am linking correctly but my Amazon profile is here: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/profile/amzn1.account.AELJBIJ4IVT6U2BY544TMAVUUYFA?preview=true with the list of authors I follow.

I'm listening to the audio book of Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None" - I've read it before but hearing it so excellently read by someone British is really enjoyable. It's one hell of a book, the suspense really builds. :thumbsup:

I think the BEST reader is Kobo. Weighs nothing but it is too much hassle to put library books on it so I use a Kindle because it's easy. I love real books but I don't buy them anymore. I use the Kindle and my library. And it's great to never have to worry about losing a book or returning it late. I can sit at the computer in my jammies and go to the library.

I still think it is totally amazing that I can carry 30K books with me wherever I go.

In the just for fun category I just got the first book of the Crazy Rich Asians trilogy And I am looking forward to starting it probably today. I was on the wait list for weeks!

I've had no experience with a Kobo, why do you like it so much Munchkin? I don't mind an e-reader during the day but before bed I'd rather not be looking into a screen.

and room isn't a problem where I live currently but I know I'd feel differently if I was in an RV. maybe even in an apartment!

Wait! She's coming out with another one?? :) *runs off to google...*

I've had no experience with a Kobo, why do you like it so much Munchkin? I don't mind an e-reader during the day but before bed I'd rather not be looking into a screen.

and room isn't a problem where I live currently but I know I'd feel differently if I was in an RV. maybe even in an apartment!
The Kobo in it's case feels like a book. It balances like a book in your hands. It is waterproof and easy to read even in full sunlight. Seriously the best reader ever. But it is hard to use and you have to fight with digital editions to put library or epub books on it.

currently reading:
how not to be wrong: the power of mathematical thinking by j. ellenberg
thinking mathematically by robert f. blitzer
re reading- the haunting of hill house by shirley jackson (read this every year on halloween..and and and..actually quite liked the netflix show!)
resuming next: middlemarch

Latest posts

Back