Vitamin A question

Settledownnow

My vitamin A results:

Dec 2015: 37 (norm 38-98)
Feb 2016 38 (norm 38-98)

I increased my Vit A from 25,000 to 50,000 IU's in December. My Vit A level is barely hanging in there and I am having increased dry eye symptoms. I'm wondering how high I should go with my Vit A intake? Double it again? How much Vit A do others take? On the other hand, my Vit D has been stable (84) at 50,000 IU's daily.

Mine is at the top (81 IU/ml) and ... my liver enzymes are messed up. Go figure. But I only take 1 25K capsule three times/week. Go figure again. And I'm 13.5 years out now.

Mine is at the top (81 IU/ml) and ... my liver enzymes are messed up. Go figure. But I only take 1 25K capsule three times/week. Go figure again. And I'm 13.5 years out now.
And I'm having the opposite issue - can't seem to get mine in range. I now take 150,000 IU per day of dry A (Biotech) spread out in three doses, plus drops that go under the tongue, and I still needed an infusion recently. I've also tried adding prescription dose on top of this but there was no change after 3 months so I stopped that. All of my other levels are fine but A has been a challenge for me. 18 months out. We're all different which is why its so important to stay on top of our labs.

I've increased my Vitamin A to 100,000 per day (Biotech 25,000) and my labs last month were at 70 (range is 38-98). In November of 2015 it was 44 which I thought was low, that is when I increased it. I'm 10 years out, we are all so different with vitamin needs.

And my A is find with just what I get in my multi at 6 years out.

Okay, what I would do is double it and get it retested in a month to 3 months to see if it's helped. If not, consider getting a shot of vitamin A.

And my A is find with just what I get in my multi at 6 years out.

Okay, what I would do is double it and get it retested in a month to 3 months to see if it's helped. If not, consider getting a shot of vitamin A.

This is exactly what I am thinking!

Latest posts

Back