Vitalady

I ordered the Tender Iron a few days ago. Next day I got an email saying they were out of stock. But I had a few back and forth emails with Don and it seemed to me everything was normal.
I ordered tender iron weeks ago. It's still on back order.

No, it was NOT typical of them when I first found them almost 6 years ago. But the economy, their health, and finally them having to let go of most of their help as well as lower what stock is kept on hand put them in a position of needing to sell but still trying to keep the business running. They simply can't afford to keep stock on hand like they use to and need a "sizable" request to order cause vendors have a minimum shipping amount.

K2...we really don't know how much cause that was added after she did up her schedule. Considering our malabsorption, I would take enough to be 100-150% of what is needed according to the label. I know that 100 mcg is 125% of the DV...so one of that size should be enough. There is no test as of yet for K2 so it's best guess time. :)
They had to refund me a couple of hundred dollars when they couldn't fulfill my order and if I'm just one person then they are losing a ton of money.

I feel badly for them. They've really done a lot for the WLS community, but I suspect it is hard for them to compete with the likes of Amazon on price, etc.

Exactly. Countless numbers of us here and on other boards use Vitalady recommendation sheets as our vitamin and supplement bible. Many would be dead without VL. Amazon doesn;t and can;t provide these recommendations. I hope they find a way to make a living and keep their business alive.

Exactly. Countless numbers of us here and on other boards use Vitalady recommendation sheets as our vitamin and supplement bible. Many would be dead without VL. Amazon doesn;t and can;t provide these recommendations. I hope they find a way to make a living and keep their business alive.
So what can we do to support them during this difficult time? I assume the help they need is our continued business. I am awaiting some stuff on back order but as you know we can't not take our supplements while we wait for them to restock. We are forced to take our business elsewhere. I will gladly give them my business though.

So what can we do to support them during this difficult time? I assume the help they need is our continued business. I am awaiting some stuff on back order but as you know we can't not take our supplements while we wait for them to restock. We are forced to take our business elsewhere. I will gladly give them my business though.
Order what you can from her...as for the rest,, if you are going to go to Amazon, use the store here: http://bariatricfacts.org/pages/store/

Thanks, I just ordered these. I thought that if I stuck to the Bariatric facts store I couldn't go wrong!! Multiple people suggested it. I guess I need to be more aware cause now I'm stuck with a butt load of softgels filled with oil!! I pretty much have my vitamin regimen down and organized. I had to add the K2 to vitalady's table. I have yet to add my magnesium and I'm on the wait list for tender iron and magnesium from vitalady. I truly find these vitamins occupy the most of my gastric space cause I'm stuffed getting them all in!!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks, I just ordered these. I thought that if I stuck to the Bariatric facts store I couldn't go wrong!! Multiple people suggested it. I guess I need to be more aware cause now I'm stuck with a butt load of softgels filled with oil!! I pretty much have my vitamin regimen down and organized. I had to add the K2 to vitalady's table. I have yet to add my magnesium and I'm on the wait list for tender iron and magnesium from vitalady. I truly find these vitamins occupy the most of my gastric space cause I'm stuffed getting them all in!!
The list here was compiled by suggestions from members here...and remember, this site has all surgeries not just the DS.

As to the oil based...Amazon does allow returns if unopened. And while oil based is an issue...it's still better than nothing.

Yeah, I had to ease into my vitamins...I started off gung ho the first couple of days and gagged...had no room for ANYTHING else, etc...was seriously lacking space for even hydration. Having a tiny sleeve to begin with and then add swollen and pissy, I am amazed I survived that time frame, :) I was almost 3 months out before getting on all my vitamins after the first 2-3 days.

The list here was compiled by suggestions from members here...and remember, this site has all surgeries not just the DS.

As to the oil based...Amazon does allow returns if unopened. And while oil based is an issue...it's still better than nothing.

Yeah, I had to ease into my vitamins...I started off gung ho the first couple of days and gagged...had no room for ANYTHING else, etc...was seriously lacking space for even hydration. Having a tiny sleeve to begin with and then add swollen and pissy, I am amazed I survived that time frame, :) I was almost 3 months out before getting on all my vitamins after the first 2-3 days.
Thanks, I'm having the same issue. Getting all the requirements in is almost a full time job right now. Actually I'm not sure what is going on with me right now to be honest. I am always so Friggan tired. Absolutely no energy for anything. I work 12 HR shifts Friday Saturday and Sunday, get home Monday morning and I'm just wiped out until my work week starts again on Friday night!! I know this too shall pass and one can only eat the elephant one bite at a time. I just wish I could get enthusiastic about something. I have another absorption question but I'll start a new thread.

Thanks, I'm having the same issue. Getting all the requirements in is almost a full time job right now. Actually I'm not sure what is going on with me right now to be honest. I am always so Friggan tired. Absolutely no energy for anything. I work 12 HR shifts Friday Saturday and Sunday, get home Monday morning and I'm just wiped out until my work week starts again on Friday night!! I know this too shall pass and one can only eat the elephant one bite at a time. I just wish I could get enthusiastic about something. I have another absorption question but I'll start a new thread.
You are what, 6 weeks out????

You had MAJOR surgery. The outside may be healed BUT the inside is still pissy. Some people take up to 6 months to feel normal again. I wasn't working but it was three months before I discovered I had energy to spare.

@southernlady On the actual Amazon website one can see a photo of the ingredients on the bottles which clearly shows whether it is oil based; not so with what is on the BF Amazon links.

Latest posts

Back