Update on everything going on with me, And NEED SOME HELP!

Gas smell is less on days I dont eat much but still bad, like still soak into your clothing bad. So I think flagyl with devrom and lots of probiotics, I was taking them but have been forgetting the last few weeks. ALWAYS had the bad gas smell though with or without

I carry a little atomizer of perfume in my rear pant pocket. So if I fart, I spray it right away on my butt where the small can linger.

The dietary advice and antibiotic advice you've gotten is very good. I would eliminate all milk, because I became lactose intolerant, soy bothers me too, and you should read labels to eliminate anything with guar gum xantham gum or food starch in the label. Take Florastor probiotics. This may be controversial, but I would double my calcium dose, taken twice a day, for a while. Whey drinks send me to the bathroom as does sugar. The ingredients in monster muscle have several red flags for me. "Contains Whey derived from dairy and Lecithin derived from soy. Other Ingredients: Whey Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate & Whey Protein Concentrate), Natural and Artificial flavors, Cocoa, Lecithin, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, Lactase." Cut that out for a while and make your own protein drinks and see if it helps. I love PooPouri and carry it with me. Otherwise, just keep walking and pretend not to notice.

While you may love fruit...your new system may not like it. I adore fruit but know I can't have it often, esp every day...maybe once a week at most. I get severe gas and bloat with too much fruit. How much is too much? For me, one half of a slice of cantaloupe is plenty, one full slice is more than I can handle and I LOVE cantaloupe. Found out the hard way that ONE FIG is more than enough to upset the cart.

Check the label on the Muscle Milk...it's a whey blend...you may not be able to handle a blend or a concentrate but need a whey isolate (ONLY). Blends and concentrates are known for causing gut issues.
Ditch the bread for now. Same for other starches (like the potatoes and rice)
Read the labels of the processed foods. Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice MAY be convenient but they are usually very carb heavy and full of ingredients you can't pronounce. Batch cook at home and make your own meals.
Which veggies? There may be some of your problem as well.

Focus on protein...ignore the carbs. (veggies, starches, FRUIT) until your system like you again and then add items slowly to find the offender.

Personally I stay away from Flaygl as I do NOT like to use an antibiotic for something that eating clean can help. For us, eating clean means back to basics of protein first until you get 90-120 grams in every day before adding other stuff.

I agree with others - it could easily be lactose intolerance or too many carbs / fruit. Cut these out entirely for a few days. Best wishes!

Did you get a DS or SADI? The 250 cm cc sounds like the SADI.

As others have said if you are eating a lot of fruit and rice you are going to have wicked gas and loose stools, not to mention with as much absorption as you have you are going have a hard time maintain your weight loss if you continue to eat that many simple carbs. Weight loss early on is from restriction which is why VSG and RnY folks lose a lot and have good success for a year or two, but without malabsorption they gainnit back. So it might not be an issue now but chances are it is going to be much more difficult to maintain on the future.

Hey everyone thanks for all the advice no it is not a sadi i remember when I first had it done a few of you asked the same thing and I uploaded my operated report and it was determined that I do have a d/s just with the long Channel
I guess I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables cause I want to be healthy and get proper nutrition Plus I actually like the taste of them and not like before surgery
And on the lactose intolerant front i think that is actually the issue my step mom is visiting and she bought lactose milk and I've been drinking it and having no problems where as normally I can't touch a glass of milk without having stomach issues
I appreciate everyone's advice and comments I really am going to try all of it and see what happens because it was getting pretty bad

I guess I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables cause I want to be healthy and get proper nutrition Plus I actually like the taste of them and not like before surgery
You are NO longer a typical omnivore. You have become more of a carnivore. Think this way...does a cat need fruit? NO Do they need veggies? NO...but they do need meat.

I can tell you right now, that even at just shy of two years out, the bread from the chicken sandwich, the milk in your RTD shake, the broccoli in your cafe steamer and the rice would ALL cause me to have extremely stinky facts and loose bowels. Find the recipe for Cloud Bread or Fathead bread and eliminate store bought bread, try staying away from broccoli, avoid rice like the plague and try lactose free stuff or take Lactaid. Give those things a try for a month and see if there is an improvement! Oh, and Devrom works! I buy it on Amazon.

Definitely cut out the fruit and down on veggies. You are inflicting more gas and runs on yourself. Before surgery I only went number 2 once a month if that. But I had a better chance of going if I ate melon.

HEY EVERYONE!! I just wanted to check in and ask a few questions to all the vets.
I am going to do some reading for the next hour while I have one to spare! But figured I would ask too.

First off I am now 147 lbs!
Havent monitored or tried to loose weight just trying to get protein and water first and eat as much as I can to be honest. I dont get much down at once, I do multiple mini meals all day long.
I could always use more protein.
I have HAVE to start working out and toning up cause things are saggy and a lil loose. But all in all I am happy being able to put my clothes on and go OMG now these are too loose I just bought these last week!

I am happy I got the DS and at the same time NOT happy.

ONE MAJOR thing I need help with from the vets is Diarrhea and smelly SMELLY farts.
Its gonna get messy from here on out so I am warning you.
I BARELY ever have a hard stool. It is always loose. I have farts all day every day, but they smell so bad and absorb into my clothes and in the sheets of the bed and its just not good.
I sometimes think its just a fart and well, I wind up having to change my undies. And I am sure you get the gist.
I do NOT eat a lot of oil or fat but at the same time I do not avoid it.

I was wondering what I can do to help this, cause it is really really starting to make me regret the decision for the DS and making life VERY embarrasing. If someone wants to go some where I purposely do not eat or drink anything so it wont be too stressful with not being able to run to the bathroom if I have to. When I gotta go I GOTTA GO, there is no grace period.
I work from home so it is ok while I am home, sometimes I run to the bathroom to make it in time and it just gave me a moments notice.

I REALLY would love any suggestions, information, and experience from you all!
Iron supplements may help a lot...

Latest posts

Back