Two weeks out

SJB41976

Recovery wise, everything is still going great. I haven't lost any weight all last week. I have done some research and understand why (I mean I lost 10 pounds in 10 or so days so...at some point the body has to catch up). While I understand this is in my mind my anxiety is going through the roof. I'm worried that when I go to the doctor Thursday he's going to say I haven't lost enough weight. Maybe it's because I weigh 284 right now and prior to 2015 that's what I weighed for like 2 years, even though I attempted many, many interventions to lose the weight. Maybe once I get out of the 80's I will feel better.

I keep talking myself down from the ledge, I record everything I consume. I'm following everything I'm supposed to. I am upping my water intake and I am going to start walking every day. That may get things moving before Thursday.

I'm telling myself that my expectations are ridiculous. But, anyone with anxiety can understand that logic really doesn't fit well into anxious thoughts. I get tired of self-talking myself 10-15 times a day that I am on track and that I am doing ok.

I also want to eat FOOD, so I tell myself 10 times a day "this is a season" and it will pass. I guess I am just frustrated with it all right now.

I am very blessed with my recovery, I am very thankful for that.

Just needed to vent. I know all the stuff I need to know, I understand where I am at, what my body is doing, I just needed to get it out there.

:thankyou1:

Recovery wise, everything is still going great. I haven't lost any weight all last week. I have done some research and understand why (I mean I lost 10 pounds in 10 or so days so...at some point the body has to catch up). While I understand this is in my mind my anxiety is going through the roof. I'm worried that when I go to the doctor Thursday he's going to say I haven't lost enough weight. Maybe it's because I weigh 284 right now and prior to 2015 that's what I weighed for like 2 years, even though I attempted many, many interventions to lose the weight. Maybe once I get out of the 80's I will feel better.

I keep talking myself down from the ledge, I record everything I consume. I'm following everything I'm supposed to. I am upping my water intake and I am going to start walking every day. That may get things moving before Thursday.

I'm telling myself that my expectations are ridiculous. But, anyone with anxiety can understand that logic really doesn't fit well into anxious thoughts. I get tired of self-talking myself 10-15 times a day that I am on track and that I am doing ok.

I also want to eat FOOD, so I tell myself 10 times a day "this is a season" and it will pass. I guess I am just frustrated with it all right now.

I am very blessed with my recovery, I am very thankful for that.

Just needed to vent. I know all the stuff I need to know, I understand where I am at, what my body is doing, I just needed to get it out there.

:thankyou1:
Maybe a few more trips to Target and Starbucks will get everything moving again

LOL! I'm pooping just fine, every day....a few times a day. But, maybe a good Starbucks Thursday morning before my doctor's appointment will clean me out really good!!!
:outhouse:

Sounds like you are on track. I have a bit of an anxiety problem so I know exactly what you're talking about. Just keep telling yourself all the good things you've been saying and you're going to be just fine.

My big thing was that I would fail with the DS because the crap band was a disaster. Somehow in my mind that escalated to I wasn't worthy to succeed... what a pile of horse crap that is! So I do the daily affirmation that this IS working for me, and I'm going to be just fine... I can see the results and the scale is certainly proving it.

Hang in there... :)

Sounds like you are on track. I have a bit of an anxiety problem so I know exactly what you're talking about. Just keep telling yourself all the good things you've been saying and you're going to be just fine.

My big thing was that I would fail with the DS because the crap band was a disaster. Somehow in my mind that escalated to I wasn't worthy to succeed... what a pile of horse crap that is! So I do the daily affirmation that this IS working for me, and I'm going to be just fine... I can see the results and the scale is certainly proving it.

Hang in there... :)
When I returned to work this week I was down 32lbs. NOT ONE person mentioned a thing. I guess it's only obvious to me right now. My scrubs wee one full size smaller too !! How rude

It took a while for anyone to say anything to me. Now the difference is extremely obvious and I get some comments but they sure took their time to notice! lol

Don't feel bad @CaraOC. I've lost 60. Last week my hairdresser and one friend noticed (barely). My son, who saw me on Friday for the first time since xmas so it should have been really noticeable to him, did not. And I've been wearing slim-fitting clothes so people should notice but nada. I don;t want people to go on about my weight loss -- kinda embarrassed about the implied weight gain -- but I'd like them to say I look good. Oh well. (I haven't told anyone I had WLS.)

Don't feel bad @CaraOC. I've lost 60. Last week my hairdresser and one friend noticed (barely). My son, who saw me on Friday for the first time since xmas so it should have been really noticeable to him, did not. And I've been wearing slim-fitting clothes so people should notice but nada. I don;t want people to go on about my weight loss -- kinda embarrassed about the implied weight gain -- but I'd like them to say I look good. Oh well. (I haven't told anyone I had WLS.)
I have told very few people of my surgery also. Only because I don't want all eyes on me and having to field a million questions. Those who know say they notice my weight loss but nobody else has mentioned so maybe my friends are lying. Oh well, eventually they will notice I suppose.

I had a hard time with expectations too, especially when I had such slow loss, or erratic like a ball bouncing down stairs - down a bit, then back up a little. There were also a few post ops that had surgery near the same time as me that were like "I lost 50 lbs yesterday!!" (at least that's how I remember it) and I lost nothing. Again.

No one was noticing anything for like 6 months, and I quit weighing because the loss was too slow and erratic and making me lose my mind.

When someone finally noticed, or had the guts to mention it to me, I weighed and realized 70lbs were gone!

With the sleeve I had lost about 45 pounds before anyone noticed. I guess what I have to keep in mind is that even if my weight loss is slow my malabsorption is there and not going away and *that* is the difference now.

Latest posts

Back