Truly Low Carb/High protein Bars

@Dave0168 Dude....you are on a ROLL!!!!! I'm gonna try these. I just wish I could buy it already made! I'm a good Chef, BUT...am SO limited in time to do stuff.
I'm with you on buying, not because of time but because I have a bad case of lazy ass right now! :D

Yes, I like the Nature Valley Protein bars as well. I just wanted try to make something with a little less sugar and carbs and better quality chocolate frosting. I think the ones I made taste better than the Nature Valley ones.
That is awesome if you can make them, and improve upon the taste.

BTW, I prefer the caramel Nature Valley to the Peanut Butter Chocolate. I eat both, not as much as I once did but I like them in general. Anything else I have purchased and tried for the most part, has been horrendous and no better protein to carb numbers.

and coconut makes me want to hurl almost immediately. It is texture as much as anything but I can't do anything with ye old coconut in it. :D

I messed around some more. I used shredded coconut instead of flakes, I added 1/2 c. chopped walnuts to make it crunchy, and had to add 2 extra tablespoons of almond flour because it was stickier than I wanted it to be. The frosting is cooling off right now, so I'll post my review of the modified version later.

Latest posts

Back