Tiara's Thread

I actually lost mine. Fortunately, I was able to recover it. I went straight to a jewler and got it sized with a little clip on piece of metal. I know losing my ring doesn't change my marriage, but I feel uncomfortable without it.

We couldn’t resize our wedding rings. The way they were made , it was impossible. Mine was also a 9. Now I’m a 7 due to my knuckle but should be a 6. Mine spins but won’t fall off.

My husband and I sold our wedding rings and got new ones.
This is similar to our original ones:
But ours were all gold not two toned. There was no way to adjust without screwing up the design.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpeg
    IMG_0490.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 0
I noticed yesterday my wedding rings were spinning around on my finger even with the ring snuggies on. I'm worried I'm going to lose one of them! It is like a lost an extra ring size overnight... So I measured my finger today and I'm measuring at a size 7!! This is so weird to me because back when I was 200 lbs the first time (I'm 258 now!!) my ring finger size was an 8 if I wanted to wear a really tight ring, so I usually went with 8 1/2. I went up to a 9 closer to my highest weight. But now I'm a 7?? It is so amusing where the body decides to lose weight... So I'm going to buy a substitute ring to wear, since I won't resize my wedding rings until my weight has been stable for 6 months. I just never thought my ring size would change all that much! LOL

My clothes are definitely getting bigger now. I'm officially 62 lbs down from my highest weight and one pound away from 50 lost since surgery!! I can see it now when I pass the mirror sometimes. These are awful pictures (I really didn't want to take them until I compared them afterwards) but I was really surprised to see how much my posture and spine have changed in 2 months. One side is at 1 month post op, the other is at 3 months post op. That chuck of weight off my front has made a big difference in the stress on my spine...
View attachment 2904
Yes! I can see huge change, it’s only going to get better and better.

I was really surprised to see how much my posture and spine have changed in 2 months. One side is at 1 month post op, the other is at 3 months post op. That chuck of weight off my front has made a big difference in the stress on my spine...

yes, really a big difference, isn't it amazing? I'm sure you will continue to feel better & better, too. great work!

and it's smart not to decide anything about the ring until your weight is stable and you've "settled" - not sure how long that takes.

We couldn’t resize our wedding rings. The way they were made , it was impossible. Mine was also a 9. Now I’m a 7 due to my knuckle but should be a 6. Mine spins but won’t fall off.

My husband and I sold our wedding rings and got new ones.
This is similar to our original ones:
But ours were all gold not two toned. There was no way to adjust without screwing up the design.
Mine is carved, thus also impossible to resize by cutting. As an aside, I went to a Tupperware party. Three of us all had the same ring. We immediately bonded and got silly. No alcohol involved, just got giggly. When the Tupperware lady went to demonstrate the seal on a pitcher, the lid came off. Of course there was water all over the place. We burst into convulsive laughter and were asked to leave. One of my proudest moments.

Thanks you guys!! For some reason the forum didn't tell me these replies were here. LOL

Someone suggested I see if the rings will fit another finger and I was amused to discover that they fit my index finger now! It used to be a 10 1/2, now apparently it's a 9! The band has antique detailing so it is hard to resize. There is a smooth spot on the back for some resizing, but only for maybe 2 sizes. Anymore than that and it'll ruin the tension in the setting... I'll be able to sell it for a new one though, the stone in it is a gorgeous 3 carat aquamarine and the rings are only 2 years old (we got them after I had cancer). In the meantime I've ordered rings from Amazon because I feel strange not wearing one at all. I agree with you k9ophile , it doesn't change my marriage one bit, but it still feels uncomfortable for some reason!

Well, I have been stalled for a bit and gained back some weight. I wasn't all that worried about it since its only been 2-3 weeks but I did notice it started as soon as I started tamoxifen. I have a CHEK 2 mutation so was advised to go on tamoxifen until we decide about an elective mastectomy (which I won't decide on until I'm at goal weight and stable). With my history and genetics I have about a 40% chance of developing breast cancer in my lifetime. This isn't what a cancer survivor wants to hear!

I have had awful side effects from the medication, even on a low dose. I went in to see the PA last week because I've been so sick with it and happened to ask if it could cause weight issues and she said yes, it can cause you to gain about 15 lbs, but the biggest issue is it can stop or greatly slow any weight loss process you are in, like a woman going through menopause. I pointed out I'm a bariatric patient 4 months out of surgery and it sure would have been nice if the oncologist had advised me of this before I went on it because she knew I had just had a DS and that weight loss is very important for the first 18 months... I still would have tried the medication but I deserve to know ALL possible side effects, not just the most common, mild ones. She admitted this could sabotage the weight loss progress from surgery and it may not be worth taking for the 18 months post op if it has such a notable impact on my ability to lose weight.

So, with that combined with the constant headaches and nausea from the medication, she advised I stop it and see what happens. I did and my weight loss started again and has been steadily going down like before. It could be a coincidence, but the timing is too perfect for it IMO. The headaches and nausea are gradually fading, it was making it really hard for me to eat regularly. I'll give it a bit more time and then talk it over with them.

On the upside, I'm officially under 250 lbs now!! Yaaaaaayyyy!! And I've officially been in remission from uterine cancer for two years! That's a happy anniversary!!

Well, yesterday I hit a milestone I did not expect so soon. I've officially lost 50% of my weight towards my goal weight!! I've lost 75.5 lbs since my highest weight of 320 and 62.5 lbs since my surgery weight. The scale yesterday said 244.5!! I can't believe I hit my 50% mark before 6 months. It is so weird to me that my weight loss rate has actually sped up instead of slowed down. I'm so grateful for that because I was a little worried there for a while.

Here's a pic of me pre-op and two from yesterday. I'm so happy!! I feel amazing. My partner and I are going to Myrtle Beach for my birthday this weekend and I'm SO glad I'll be able to walk along the beach without pain. It is one of my very favorite things to do and for the last few years it has been damned near impossible due to what a struggle it was to walk at all. It all feels surreal. Also, weirdly, I am smaller now than the last time I was this weight! I pulled out pictures and while my face is heavier than when I was last at this weight, my body shape is different. It is funny how the body chooses to lose weight... Anyway, thank you guys so much for your support. You've kept me going when I doubted this was going to work. I'm incredibly grateful for your continued wisdom, experience, and encouragement.

Attachments

• preopgreyfront.jpg
    preopgreyfront.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 50percentdown.jpg
    50percentdown.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 50percentdownface.JPG
    50percentdownface.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back