Sunday Weigh In (8/30/2015)

@southernlady, Yes ma'am! :) I got my rabbit stew and egg/bacon thing cooking right now.. back on it. I NEED to stay OUT of the cabinets at my mom's house.. I open it, and it's like a Pandora's box of treats. Not making excuses as the chips and Mary Janes didn't hop into my mouth on their own :) I'm just glad I don't bring the stuff home..

AWW No way could I eat a rabbit. I THINK!! Especially when you call it a bunny. Bunnies are so cute. I couldn't do it if it comes and you can tell its a bunny. But fif you can buy it ready to cook ie cut up and with the unnecessary parts thrown out I could probably try it. Is their a lot of protein in it?

AWW No way could I eat a rabbit. I THINK!! Especially when you call it a bunny. Bunnies are so cute. I couldn't do it if it comes and you can tell its a bunny. But fif you can buy it ready to cook ie cut up and with the unnecessary parts thrown out I could probably try it. Is their a lot of protein in it?

Yeah, these are meat rabbits, grocery store finds, already cleaned & quartered. I don't hunt or raise my food- not opposed, but just haven't done it yet.

Rabbit is a very lean meat, tastes like.. chicken. I am an equal opportunity carnivore.. I wouldn't eat companion animals (cats or dogs) but other than that, no issues, especially if they are raised well. We have a farm around the corner from us that raises meat rabbits among other critters.. yes, they are cute, and I feed them some carrot-tops since they enjoy them, but they aren't pets (doesn't mean they can't have a good life till the end though!)

I have heard of some of my distant relatives that eat stuff like that. I have a problem with eating things that look like the looked while they were alive. I cant eat Cornish hens, fish, or shrimp, etc. I think it is just a mental thing...lol Like if it were in a stew as you have it and I DIDNT see it when it was whole I could probably eat it but not any fish. I have a texture problem with stuff out of water.. LOL I've eaten worse because it didn't look like what it was. Escargot and rocky mountain oysters. Ugggh

@newanatomy Atkins? How far out are you, surgery date? How much more due you want to loose? I know I thought we weighed close to each other.

I did 3 weeks of Atkins before my trip to Ireland. I dropped 6 pounds. I am at about 148ish right now. My goal weight is 145. I would like to lose enough to accommodate bounce back but, I am having trouble with motivation right now. I am at a normal BMI currently at around a 23. I am just terrified to hit that 24 month mark in January and lose my magic window. I have that fear that at 2 years out from surgery, the weight will just start piling back on and in 4 years time, I will be obese again! I know we all have to fight these fears. I also know that having the DS is no guarantee against weight gain, that is what scares me most.

@newanatomy I totally understand. I totally want to loose 15 pounds under my goal to compensate for bounce back.

The things we go through with Wls then people have the nerve to say we took the easy route......

@newanatomy, not sure about the magic-window, but I have faith you will find the motivation to kick the sweet stuff! In my mind, it's not so much motivation as it is just fighting the cycle of cravings (I think we all have motivation in spades!) Kicking sweets is bear, but yesterday I did was was needed to keep myself on track (ate fatty protein anytime I felt the urge to nibble!) Today, I'm back to my more normal routine of 3-4 meals (at least that's the plan :) ) and nothing that tastes sweet, even the fake stuff can bite me, so the sugar-free amaretto cookies I made go away with Todd!

& @Charris, lol, I thought of you when I was prepping my latest hunk of meat to cook.. beef tongue! First time for me cooking it, and yes, it's weird as hell.. and no mistaking what part it is!! :p

@newanatomy, not sure about the magic-window, but I have faith you will find the motivation to kick the sweet stuff! In my mind, it's not so much motivation as it is just fighting the cycle of cravings (I think we all have motivation in spades!) Kicking sweets is bear, but yesterday I did was was needed to keep myself on track (ate fatty protein anytime I felt the urge to nibble!) Today, I'm back to my more normal routine of 3-4 meals (at least that's the plan :) ) and nothing that tastes sweet, even the fake stuff can bite me, so the sugar-free amaretto cookies I made go away with Todd!

& @Charris, lol, I thought of you when I was prepping my latest hunk of meat to cook.. beef tongue! First time for me cooking it, and yes, it's weird as hell.. and no mistaking what part it is!! :p

I used to make tongue ragout. The recipe calls for tongue and heart. I like the tongue but heart is too liver like in texture for my taste. I haven't attempted to make it since having the DS because it calls for a dark brown roux. You can use substitute thickeners for some things but there is no substitute for a well done roux!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back