Sunday Weigh In (8/20/2023)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 127
This week 127

We lost another DSer yesterday. She wasn’t ill. She was found at home. It was very sudden and unexpected. For those who are on FB, it was Felicia Allen Bull. She had her DS over 15 years ago in Nashville. IF we find out cause of death and it happens to be related to the DS, I will post that. But we are gonna assume it was just fate.

sorry to hear that, Liz.

glad you are maintaining.

not sure where I'm at but overall a bit better. I will try to weigh at work this week.

sorry to hear that, Liz.

glad you are maintaining.

not sure where I'm at but overall a bit better. I will try to weigh at work this week.
I’m glad as well.

That makes two and it’s said, trouble comes in threes. I know of one who’s skating the edge these days. I fully expect her to pass any day now. Hers is/isn’t related to the DS. If she hadn’t had the DS, her autoimmune system may not have gone into double overdrive and doing it’s best to kill her. And her lack of an entire stomach and shortened intestines isn’t helping her.

I didn't know her very long but her Facebook page has been wonderful for me as I navigate the different food stages. :cry:

Last week 128
This week 124

Slowing down, but I started pureed foods, and I'd rather slow down than still be full liquids.

how's that going? nice to have more options for eating; it's been a long time but even full liquids gets old fast.

I think I almost cried when I had some blended chili from Wendy's. The ricotta bake was awesome. I haven't tried ricotta fluff yet, but I'm just happy to not be mainly drinking protein shakes.

Next week I start soft foods, and I've got my eyes on the salmon burgers we got from Costco.

Last week: 169.8
This week (8/22): 169.6

I started tracking my food this week. What a massively depressing thing to do but it is so beneficial at stopping me from just putting things in my face. I don’t want to enter it in so I just don’t eat it.

It’s been incredibly positive overall but I’ve never liked tracking. But I’ve gained 10-15 extra pounds over the last years and while I’m still wearing the same clothes I don’t look like I want and my clothes don’t fit like I want. So we are tracking …

We are at 167.6 yesterday and today, so making good progress.

Last week: 169.8
This week (8/22): 169.6

I started tracking my food this week. What a massively depressing thing to do but it is so beneficial at stopping me from just putting things in my face. I don’t want to enter it in so I just don’t eat it.

It’s been incredibly positive overall but I’ve never liked tracking. But I’ve gained 10-15 extra pounds over the last years and while I’m still wearing the same clothes I don’t look like I want and my clothes don’t fit like I want. So we are tracking …

We are at 167.6 yesterday and today, so making good progress.
Tracking can be very depressing esp if you spent a lifetime doing it. But it does help show you where your macros are. And yes, it seems to be working.
I was too tired to make my own and hubby has limited skills. I was desperate.
Time to upgrade hubby’s skill set. Once you feel better.

Latest posts

Back