Sunday Weigh In (7/5/2015)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I know what happened this week...I not only fell off the rails, I drove the damned train right off the cliff!

Last week 139
This week 143

Okay, what happened...it's now peach season and the freestone peaches are coming in. I can ignore most fruit except peaches and apples. So I made a peach cobbler.

I don't care for clingstone peaches..loose too much trying to cut the flesh off the pit. So you have to wait a bit for the freestones. Those don't start coming in until late June. BUT I do limit my indulgence to ONE a year, it just happened this week.

Trivia: While Georgia is known as the Peach state, SC, esp the Upstate part grows more commercial peaches. CA grows the most but they don't have the same sweet flavor of a SC/GA peach. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/28/us/28peaches.html?_r=0
Even someone working at the Georgia Department of Agriculture had his doubts.

“I understand unofficially that the best and the most tasty peaches are in Spartanburg County in South Carolina,” he said, asking that his name not be used because he wants to hold on to his job.
BTW, I get my peaches across the line in Campobello (Spartanburg County)

But like any feuding family, siblings unify when outsiders pose a threat. And in this case, that is California, which dominates the peach market, shipping six times as much fruit as South Carolina and Georgia combined.

“They can grow more peaches and they can grow prettier peaches but they taste like cardboard,” said Phillip Rigdon, farm manager at Lane Southern Orchards in Georgia.

Dr. Layne, the peach guru of South Carolina, agreed.

“They just don’t taste like a Southern peach.”

Other trivia: Anyone who has seen House of Cards knows about the Peachoid. It was under renovation this year to have it ready for the Peach Festival in Gaffney this week.

LW: 293.4
TW: 298.8

Whaaaat? I don't think I did anything different this week. I will not panic. Anyone have thoughts about why my weight would go up so much at this stage (almost 3 months out)?

LW 286
TW 281.5

And I was on vacation and traveled by vehicle over 1200 miles !

That's a win for me !

LW: 293.4
TW: 298.8

Whaaaat? I don't think I did anything different this week. I will not panic. Anyone have thoughts about why my weight would go up so much at this stage (almost 3 months out)?
Possible that you aren't eating enough now? Run your day thru something like MFP and see how your micros are ending up...like protein, fat, carbs. With this surgery, you HAVE to eat protein/fat to lose weight. Just don't fall off the rails into too many carbs like I did this week.

LW 286
TW 281.5

And I was on vacation and traveled by vehicle over 1200 miles !

That's a win for me !
YEAH!!!!!

Possible that you aren't eating enough now? Run your day thru something like MFP and see how your micros are ending up...like protein, fat, carbs. With this surgery, you HAVE to eat protein/fat to lose weight. Just don't fall off the rails into too many carbs like I did this week.
I am tracking my every bite with MyFitnessPal. My macronutrients are averaging: protein 75g/day, carbs 70g, fat 75g. I realize the carbs are too high. I guess that's where I should focus my efforts.

LW 157.2
TW 156.7
I hit 155.0 earlier in the week and thought about claiming that for this weeks weight but nah. Need to keep it real even though I liked 155 much better!
Although I've had quite a few indulgences the last few days so I'm happy it's not higher than it is!

Oh and update on my constipation issues. Saw the GI doc last Monday.
The GI doc may have been right after all!
He had said that I was likely too backed up for anything to really work and that I needed to get totally cleaned out and then the Linzess should start working.
So after 14 doses of miralax in one day (his miralax blast called for 8 but that wasn't enough) I was mostly cleaned out. Started taking the Linzess the next day. I've been going pretty much immediately upon waking up and maybe once or twice more each morning.
I feel so much better now. Hoping this continues to be the case!
Thanks to all of you who have been following my pooping saga! Lol

I am tracking my every bite with MyFitnessPal. My macronutrients are averaging: protein 75g/day, carbs 70g, fat 75g. I realize the carbs are too high. I guess that's where I should focus my efforts.
Actually UP your protein and fat as well. With a 20%-30% absorption of fat INGESTED, you are not eating enough fat. That 75 grams of fat is an ABSORBED amount of 15-22.5 grams of fat and the normal human needs 30 grams of absorbed fat to stay brain healthy.

You may or may not need to adjust your carbs. SOME of us do best above 50 carbs...and honestly if the 70 carbs are TOTAL not net, you may be doing just fine there.

I kept my carbs between 70-100 during my weight loss. And 99% of the time between 120-150 now in maint. THIS week was just derailed but it was a choice I made THIS week to drive off the cliff.

Well I was 188 yesterday, but was 192 a few days earlier. I already ate breakfast this morning and am getting ready for my 3rd cup of coffee so too late to weigh in this morning. That being said, I believe the 191 range to be more indicative of where I really am. I had my fair share of bathroom time on Friday and Friday night so that to me is a bit of an artificial weight due to bathroom loss.

LW 157.2
TW 156.7
I hit 155.0 earlier in the week and thought about claiming that for this weeks weight but nah. Need to keep it real even though I liked 155 much better!
Although I've had quite a few indulgences the last few days so I'm happy it's not higher than it is!

Oh and update on my constipation issues. Saw the GI doc last Monday.
The GI doc may have been right after all!
He had said that I was likely too backed up for anything to really work and that I needed to get totally cleaned out and then the Linzess should start working.
So after 14 doses of miralax in one day (his miralax blast called for 8 but that wasn't enough) I was mostly cleaned out. Started taking the Linzess the next day. I've been going pretty much immediately upon waking up and maybe once or twice more each morning.
I feel so much better now. Hoping this continues to be the case!
Thanks to all of you who have been following my pooping saga! Lol
LOL, I would want to claim 155 as well.

Glad your system is finally cooperating.

Well I was 188 yesterday, but was 192 a few days earlier. I already ate breakfast this morning and am getting ready for my 3rd cup of coffee so too late to weigh in this morning. That being said, I believe the 191 range to be more indicative of where I really am. I had my fair share of bathroom time on Friday and Friday night so that to me is a bit of an artificial weight due to bathroom loss.
Good for you, Scott...

if the 70 carbs are TOTAL not net, you may be doing just fine there.

MFP doesn't make it easy to track net carbs, and I haven't been watching my fiber at all, so you're right, I have no idea how much the net carbs are. Getting more protein and fat sounds like the better way to focus my efforts then.

MFP doesn't make it easy to track net carbs, and I haven't been watching my fiber at all, so you're right, I have no idea how much the net carbs are. Getting more protein and fat sounds like the better way to focus my efforts then.
Yeah, focus there first. You are far enough out now to start really testing your system with new foods. ENJOY!!!

As Liz said, I always found it easier to focus on getting in my target protein count rather than specifically watching carb counts. My system really told me what I needed, and I am not good at listening to my system so if I can figure it out anyone can. Up the protein intake was good advice early on for me and I suspect it is for you as well.

image.jpg LW 125
TW 127

Not surprised as I just came back from my week long roadtrip with the grandkids. Had a great time, walked a lot and ate a lot of food. Le Village buffet at the Paris hotel in Vegas is amazing and had many really tasty protein choices.
The hardest part was not grazing all day so I tended to overdo the quantity when I did eat and felt miserable afterward.
Back to basics now. I am confident that I will lose the two pound gain this week. Here's a pic of us with my brother on the right in Rhyolite, Nevada. It's only 112° at this point!

Last edited:
Rachael, I don't even bother counting net carbs. As a insulin pump type 2 diabetic, net carbs were VOODOO math. My diabetes reacted to fiber and sugar alcohols so I just counted all of them. Besides, it's easier.

Latest posts

Back