Sunday Weigh In (7/21/2024)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 122
This week 121, in spite of a hospital stay and a boatload of fluids. It helped they disconnected me from fluids a day before I left.

Unlike the hospital I was in for my surgery in early June, my menu choices were much better. Yes, the first day it was heart healthy AND diabetic. But I managed to talk my way into real sugar for my hot tea again. As soon as the cardiologist made her rounds, I explained my special guts and how we malabsorb fat. She redid my diet to regular and I was fine after that.

This hospital has it set up almost like getting room service. The kitchens are open 7am to 7pm and you can order anything off the menu they give you at any time, that fits your approved diet. And the choices are reasonable. They list actual carb counts, not exchanges! I was in the newest tower and the room are all private, so no roommate.

All the nursing staff I had were fantastic, very attentive. If I had to rate my two hospital stays, June was a 2.5, this one a 5.

As soon as the cardiologist made her rounds, I explained my special guts and how we malabsorb fat. She redid my diet to regular and I was fine after that.
so glad to hear you had a good hospital experience including the food.

I haven't weighed myself anytime lately but now that I am working again and have some structure in my life I hope I can get the extra weight from last winter off.

I am doing kitchen prep/work in a fancy organic grocery that just opened in my little town and it's lovely to be at a job with both managers and co-workers that are happy and cheerful and customers that are glad the store opened. The opposite of working in a nursing home! But the work is physically more exhausting than I was expecting in part because it's about 85 degrees in the kitchen, but I'm pushing fluids and learning not to care I can't keep up with my teenage co-workers.

just in the last two weeks I've learned an old friend has cancer and my brother was found dead in his apartment at 69 which is so shocking to me. Luckily a couple cousins are going there tomorrow to get his valuables, papers, and car so I can have the apartment emptied from here (he is in Minneapolis) but I will likely have to go there at some point. I don't know for sure yet but assuming he had no will. I know he thought he was healthy and had plenty of time! in fact, he used to kind of rub my nose in the fact that he was never overweight!

All the nursing staff I had were fantastic, very attentive. If I had to rate my two hospital stays, June was a 2.5, this one a 5.
I'm most glad that you are home and on the mend, but also happy that you had good care and food, which can make all the difference. Hoping you won't have cause to be dining from a hospital menu again nonetheless.

I haven't weighed myself anytime lately but now that I am working again and have some structure in my life I hope I can get the extra weight from last winter off.

I am doing kitchen prep/work in a fancy organic grocery that just opened in my little town and it's lovely to be at a job with both managers and co-workers that are happy and cheerful and customers that are glad the store opened. The opposite of working in a nursing home! But the work is physically more exhausting than I was expecting in part because it's about 85 degrees in the kitchen, but I'm pushing fluids and learning not to care I can't keep up with my teenage co-workers.
Wonderful to read that you are in a positive environment! What great news. Hoping you can figure out a way to stay in the front of house most of the time.

just in the last two weeks I've learned an old friend has cancer and my brother was found dead in his apartment at 69 which is so shocking to me.
I'm so sorry for the news of your friend's battle and loss of your brother. May his memory be a blessing.

Thinking of you both. Please take good care of yourselves!

just in the last two weeks I've learned an old friend has cancer and my brother was found dead in his apartment at 69 which is so shocking to me. Luckily a couple cousins are going there tomorrow to get his valuables, papers, and car so I can have the apartment emptied from here (he is in Minneapolis) but I will likely have to go there at some point. I don't know for sure yet but assuming he had no will. I know he thought he was healthy and had plenty of time! in fact, he used to kind of rub my nose in the fact that he was never overweight!
I’m sorry for the loss of your brother. We never know when our time is up.

And I’m sorry your friend has cancer, I hope he beats it.
I am doing kitchen prep/work in a fancy organic grocery that just opened in my little town and it's lovely to be at a job with both managers and co-workers that are happy and cheerful and customers that are glad the store opened.
Sounds like a great place to work.
I'm most glad that you are home and on the mend, but also happy that you had good care and food, which can make all the difference. Hoping you won't have cause to be dining from a hospital menu again nonetheless.
I’m glad I’m home as well. I don’t want to be in the hospital again but if I have to be, that one isn’t a bad place to be.

It’s funny, the local FB group for this area doesn’t speak well of this hospital but I found it to be a good one. I wonder if it’s made a turn around in recent years?

so glad to hear you had a good hospital experience including the food.

I'm so sorry for your loss 💗

Last week 122
This week 121, in spite of a hospital stay and a boatload of fluids. It helped they disconnected me from fluids a day before I left.

Unlike the hospital I was in for my surgery in early June, my menu choices were much better. Yes, the first day it was heart healthy AND diabetic. But I managed to talk my way into real sugar for my hot tea again. As soon as the cardiologist made her rounds, I explained my special guts and how we malabsorb fat. She redid my diet to regular and I was fine after that.

This hospital has it set up almost like getting room service. The kitchens are open 7am to 7pm and you can order anything off the menu they give you at any time, that fits your approved diet. And the choices are reasonable. They list actual carb counts, not exchanges! I was in the newest tower and the room are all private, so no roommate.

In glad you're home now 😊

Last week 409.1

This week 418

HW 475
CW 418
GW 160

PRE OP (awaiting insurance approval)

The weight gain was highly suspected as I've been in a lot of physical pain the past 4 days, I just didn't realize how much. It's water weight. Pardon my language, lymphedema sucks 😔 Next week is a new week! (and hopefully the water weight will go away)

Last week 409.1

This week 418

HW 475
CW 418
GW 160

PRE OP (awaiting insurance approval)

The weight gain was highly suspected as I've been in a lot of physical pain the past 4 days, I just didn't realize how much. It's water weight. Pardon my language, lymphedema sucks 😔 Next week is a new week! (and hopefully the water weight will go away)
I’m sorry you are up.
Hopefully the water weight will disappear just as fast.
In glad you're home now 😊
I’m glad I’m home too.

I'm finally back! But I'm leaving for a week again on Saturday as we're going on a cruise.

Last weigh-in 139.8
This week 136.8

I'm actually surprised I lost weight as I ate a lot of pastries and cakes, and I don't regret it one bit. It's a good thing I didn't have a roommate.

I'm finally back! But I'm leaving for a week again on Saturday as we're going on a cruise.

Last weigh-in 139.8
This week 136.8

I'm actually surprised I lost weight as I ate a lot of pastries and cakes, and I don't regret it one bit. It's a good thing I didn't have a roommate.
You did good, I replied in the other thread.

Latest posts

Back