Sunday Weigh In (5/15/2016)

Well since my feeding tube fell out a few days ago!

Um Hummmm @Kristaz that pesky tube that was sewn inside and on the outside of the skin just fell out......all on its own. I smell some BS.. nah I'm just giving you grief. So since you are loosing a bit of weight with this surgery what would you like to end up as weight wise as an added bonus?

Um Hummmm @Kristaz that pesky tube that was sewn inside and on the outside of the skin just fell out......all on its own. I smell some BS.. nah I'm just giving you grief. So since you are loosing a bit of weight with this surgery what would you like to end up as weight wise as an added bonus?
Lol! The outside stitch "popped" like a week or so ago and felt better. I've actually been careful with it because I was warned it gets ripped out your probably going back to the operating room! So I still had it taped to My side was getting in the shower and it literally slipped out. It had been hurting a ton earlier in the day which I assume was it working itself out. Dr K said at about 4 weeks it should be healed enough to come out especially if it came out on its own! Thankfully! Based on my height (5'9") and build Dr K said he'd like to see me about 150. So that's my goal for the time being.

@Kristaz yea Ummmmm humm. Just popped on its own. Lol. Well you definitely are on your way. 16 pounds to go. You may want to loose a little under to compensate for bounce back. He told me 140. I'm only 4'11.5 so the most I want to weigh is 140. So I'm trying to get down to 125-130.

Do you know your cc length and Al. Limb measures?

Edit Auto correct

Last edited:
@Kristaz yea Ummmmm humm. Just popped on its own. Lol. Well you definitely are on your way. 16 pounds to go. You may want to loose a little under to compensate for bounce back. He told me 140. I'm only 4'11.5 so the most important want to weigh is 140. So I'm trying to get down to 125-130.

Do you know your cc length and Al. Limb measures?
I don't. I have my 6 week follow up and will ask. He was going to go a little more conservative since I don't have a a lot to loose and said worse to be malnourished then a few extra pounds.

Revision SW: 188
Last week: 170
This week: 166

So this is my fist week participating and it is great seeing everyone's progress! My revision was due to severe dumping not for weight loss or really any other comorbities but I will say that has been an added benefit! At a little over 5 weeks out I feel pretty good. ( Well since my feeding tube fell out a few days ago! That freaked me out!) with that nasty tube out I am much more mobile and pain free and feel like a human again and not going omg what did I do to myself! Lol. Hope everyone has a great week!
Doing great. And I am glad the feeding tube is gone now.

I don't. I have my 6 week follow up and will ask. He was going to go a little more conservative since I don't have a a lot to loose and said worse to be malnourished then a few extra pounds.
Aflippingmen to that! He is a wise man. Having a couple extra pounds might be a tad annoying. Feeling weak, fatigued, cold, wobbly, brain fog, etc all the time sucks and I would take a few extra pounds in a heart beat over the shit I have had to fight for 2.5 years now. Even after my revision it is still a struggle to keep labs close to or in range, and I still don't feel great even though I have gained (without any CREON) 17 pounds since my revision. Sorry to whine, I just don't want other people ending up like me so I am glad you were able to see Dr K for your revision. He is the absolute best and has so much common sense on top of a very high level of intellect and medical/surgical skill.

Aflippingmen to that! He is a wise man. Having a couple extra pounds might be a tad annoying. Feeling weak, fatigued, cold, wobbly, brain fog, etc all the time sucks and I would take a few extra pounds in a heart beat over the shit I have had to fight for 2.5 years now. Even after my revision it is still a struggle to keep labs close to or in range, and I still don't feel great even though I have gained (without any CREON) 17 pounds since my revision. Sorry to whine, I just don't want other people ending up like me so I am glad you were able to see Dr K for your revision. He is the absolute best and has so much common sense on top of a very high level of intellect and medical/surgical skill.
Absolutely agree! I cannot say enough good about him and for me the weight loss is just an added benefit!

LW: 199
TW: 196

Blissful week here! Spent Friday at Whistler, BC and walked 7.69 miles, just over 2 of which was a hike up a trail to see a very impressive waterfall. I kept thinking I never could have gotten up there a year ago - barely made it this time but I was determined! :) I ate carbs, had no bowel issues, and actually lost weight - I think that's due to all the activity and the timing of the meals... my body just burned them up instead of storing. I had half a real hamburger and OMG it was wonderful! LOL Not going to make it a habit though... but it was nice :)

Blissful week here! Spent Friday at Whistler, BC and walked 7.69 miles, just over 2 of which was a hike up a trail to see a very impressive waterfall. I kept thinking I never could have gotten up there a year ago - barely made it this time but I was determined! :) I ate carbs, had no bowel issues, and actually lost weight - I think that's due to all the activity and the timing of the meals... my body just burned them up instead of storing. I had half a real hamburger and OMG it was wonderful! LOL Not going to make it a habit though... but it was nice :)
Why would you not make having a hamburger a habit? That is what DS'rs do, eat a lot of protein and for that matter other things as well but with the focus on protein first. There is no need to fear any food, just listen to your body and see how it reacts. It will tell you what you should and shouldn't eat.

Glad you had a great time out in nature.

Why would you not make having a hamburger a habit? That is what DS'rs do, eat a lot of protein and for that matter other things as well but with the focus on protein first. There is no need to fear any food, just listen to your body and see how it reacts. It will tell you what you should and shouldn't eat.

Glad you had a great time out in nature.

I eat a lot of hamburger patties without the bun - in fact, it's a rare day that I don't have two patties for a meal because they're quick, easy, and full of delicious protein. I went whole hog and ate half the bun too... and wow, I'd forgotten how good that tastes! :D I also had some butter chicken with rice... and that was really really good too. I do allow myself carbs in moderation but I did much more this weekend than normal figuring I was burning it up right away anyway. It apparently worked because this morning I was 197 in my shoes and clothes so I've dropped more weight. My legs are really sore from the hiking portion of the festivities but it is totally worth it and next time up there I won't be such a doggone wuss. I'm looking forward to the day I can just walk up there without having to force myself to do more than I'm comfortable with!

WTG....and I eat hamburger (on a bun) fairly often. I use the bun to hold it together and maybe eat two-three small bites of it. But apparently my sandwich/burger eating has always been to take it apart and eat it. Now, I just don't eat the bread like I would decades ago.

I do kind of the same thing. Sometimes I take the top bun off and eat the bottom one.

Latest posts

Back