Sunday Weigh In (12/27/2015)

LW 261.4
TW 258.2

It was at least 20 years ago when I was last in the 250's so it feels good to be here even though I still have 100+ lbs to go.

Enjoy the week everyone - last week of 2015!

LW: 253.6
TW: 254.2

Down 10 lbs since 11/1. I'm trying to stay optimistic about my progress, but I see my weight loss slowing down sooner than is ideal. Keeping the carbs down and the activity up are still the hardest parts for me.

LW BMI: 33
TW BMI: 32.6

After posting last Sunday that I could not keep down even flecks of solid protein, my husband made himself a Costco beef short rib, I took a taste... and proceeded to eat TWO OUNCES! I am clueless as to how this was possible. Short lived success, though, as when I tried to repeat this with leftover short rib in ensuing days, I couldn't keep down even a couple of teeny bites. Less than a teaspoon of Christmas prime rib and duck were not "keepers." I was doing OK (well OK as in Barbie-doll sized bites for a total of a teaspoon or two) of butternut squash, spinach souffle, mashed potato, crackers with cheese, a quarter of a egg/cheese/bacon bun boat, and I can eat a fistful of cashews and pistachios one well-chewed nut at a time. I was concerned about the carbs but happy to be able to eat something besides greek yogurt. I haven't lost hardly any weight in the prior 2 weeks, my weight was completely flat all week until the carbs beginning on xmas eve -- all weight this week was lost in the last 2 days with the carbs. Total calories (as measured and served) are up this week to just under 600 -- but I don't know how to account for the protein hurled up or the protein drinks or other food that almost always does not get finished. Net cals perhaps 400? Reminder to self: I need to up my protein (I guess only through dreaded drinks as I can't eat it) and I think my fluids need to be increased as well.

Happy New Year everyone

Hi all,
I forgot to post my weight last week. It was 130 I went from 125 to 130. So I guess the 5 pound weight loss to get to 125 was a fluke cause this week I'm at 129.

Everyone have a happy and safe New Years Eve.
Whit

LW: (I think) 176
TW: 180

Not sure why the gain and if it is real. I do have a constipated feel but I am going, a little at a time and not feeling like I am emptying. I have ate a ton and a ton of junk this week so the gain is probably temporary. Again, I really don't care about my weight. I want my lab values & energy level up and my gut pain, nausea and fatigue gone.

Last week 148.8
This week 147.6
Loss of 1.2 pounds

I am not sure why I am loosing again but, I like it.

LW: 238
TW: 239

Hello edema! I didn't eat right this weeks so I richly deserve the weight gain, although judging from the size of my feet/ankles/legs, it's just water weight again. However, I will be going back to school soon and I know everything will get back on track. We're good :)

Traveling still ! Home tomorrow but giving myself the week before
I weigh

I WILL not get on the scale for a week or two- but prior to Xmas eve I was down a couple from last month. Now I'm positive I'm up, a LOT from self-inflicted water retention. I ate salty ham nearly 2 times a day (meals, snacks) and went on a Xmas cookie binge for the past three days.

I am puffed up so badly that my wedding ring that normally spins, and can be easily removed, will not come off- even in the shower. Yesterday was the last of the crazy. Went to a friends brunch with a tasty mushroom and swiss pie, and no one brought any protein! It was a smorgasbord of pure carbs. Woke up today with my right eyelid so puffed up it looks like someone smacked me, I must have slept on that side most of the night. Took a lasix just because I am so uncomfortable in my hands and feet. I enjoyed myself though! I'll prob wind up about where I started pre-Holiday, which is alright by me.

LW 126
TW 126

Salt really does a number on me, too! BUT, the worst offender this year is my homemade Chex Party Mix! OMG! The gas and bloat and diarrhea was epic! I think I now hold the record for the longest toots on record! Weird because I can eat a ton of buttered popcorn and buttered bread with little problem. Maybe it was the wheat Chex in it, who knows. I won't be eating any more. I am amazed I held steady in spite of my days of bad eating.
Happy New Year to all!

I am still not eating all that "well" since it is still holiday season, but even so I dropped to 175 this morning.... Just 180 yesterday morning......and I still feel like I have 10 pounds in my gut that I need to get rid of soon.

LW 261.4
TW 258.2

It was at least 20 years ago when I was last in the 250's so it feels good to be here even though I still have 100+ lbs to go.

Enjoy the week everyone - last week of 2015!
Good for you.
LW: 253.6
TW: 254.2

Down 10 lbs since 11/1. I'm trying to stay optimistic about my progress, but I see my weight loss slowing down sooner than is ideal. Keeping the carbs down and the activity up are still the hardest parts for me.
You will get there...just keep at it.
LW BMI: 33
TW BMI: 32.6

After posting last Sunday that I could not keep down even flecks of solid protein, my husband made himself a Costco beef short rib, I took a taste... and proceeded to eat TWO OUNCES! I am clueless as to how this was possible. Short lived success, though, as when I tried to repeat this with leftover short rib in ensuing days, I couldn't keep down even a couple of teeny bites. Less than a teaspoon of Christmas prime rib and duck were not "keepers." I was doing OK (well OK as in Barbie-doll sized bites for a total of a teaspoon or two) of butternut squash, spinach souffle, mashed potato, crackers with cheese, a quarter of a egg/cheese/bacon bun boat, and I can eat a fistful of cashews and pistachios one well-chewed nut at a time. I was concerned about the carbs but happy to be able to eat something besides greek yogurt. I haven't lost hardly any weight in the prior 2 weeks, my weight was completely flat all week until the carbs beginning on xmas eve -- all weight this week was lost in the last 2 days with the carbs. Total calories (as measured and served) are up this week to just under 600 -- but I don't know how to account for the protein hurled up or the protein drinks or other food that almost always does not get finished. Net cals perhaps 400? Reminder to self: I need to up my protein (I guess only through dreaded drinks as I can't eat it) and I think my fluids need to be increased as well.

Happy New Year everyone
Slow and steady. You are still healing. You will get there.
Hi all,
I forgot to post my weight last week. It was 130 I went from 125 to 130. So I guess the 5 pound weight loss to get to 125 was a fluke cause this week I'm at 129.

Everyone have a happy and safe New Years Eve.
Whit
Doing good, Whit
LW: (I think) 176
TW: 180

Not sure why the gain and if it is real. I do have a constipated feel but I am going, a little at a time and not feeling like I am emptying. I have ate a ton and a ton of junk this week so the gain is probably temporary. Again, I really don't care about my weight. I want my lab values & energy level up and my gut pain, nausea and fatigue gone.
(((((Scott))))), I would want the pain, nausea, and fatigue gone as well. Hang in there.
Last week 148.8
This week 147.6
Loss of 1.2 pounds

I am not sure why I am loosing again but, I like it.
I would too...good for you.
LW: 238
TW: 239

Hello edema! I didn't eat right this weeks so I richly deserve the weight gain, although judging from the size of my feet/ankles/legs, it's just water weight again. However, I will be going back to school soon and I know everything will get back on track. We're good :)
Need to say "goodbye edema!",

What are yous studying?
Traveling still ! Home tomorrow but giving myself the week before
I weigh
Safe travels. I got home today but will wait til Sunday before stepping on the scales.
I WILL not get on the scale for a week or two- but prior to Xmas eve I was down a couple from last month. Now I'm positive I'm up, a LOT from self-inflicted water retention. I ate salty ham nearly 2 times a day (meals, snacks) and went on a Xmas cookie binge for the past three days.

I am puffed up so badly that my wedding ring that normally spins, and can be easily removed, will not come off- even in the shower. Yesterday was the last of the crazy. Went to a friends brunch with a tasty mushroom and swiss pie, and no one brought any protein! It was a smorgasbord of pure carbs. Woke up today with my right eyelid so puffed up it looks like someone smacked me, I must have slept on that side most of the night. Took a lasix just because I am so uncomfortable in my hands and feet. I enjoyed myself though! I'll prob wind up about where I started pre-Holiday, which is alright by me.
Edema is evil. The mushroom and swiss pie sounds awesome.
LW 126
TW 126

Salt really does a number on me, too! BUT, the worst offender this year is my homemade Chex Party Mix! OMG! The gas and bloat and diarrhea was epic! I think I now hold the record for the longest toots on record! Weird because I can eat a ton of buttered popcorn and buttered bread with little problem. Maybe it was the wheat Chex in it, who knows. I won't be eating any more. I am amazed I held steady in spite of my days of bad eating.
Happy New Year to all!
OMG, Chex Mix (while tasting good) is EVIL! Glad you stayed put.

Good for you.

Need to say "goodbye edema!",

What are yous studying?

I get all puffed up like a puffer fish and it's not due to a lack of protein and I never was salt sensitive but maybe I am now... I just don't know. The nurse practitioner said not to worry about it so I'll just keep an eye on it. It's not as bad as it was pre-op thank goodness and it no longer is painful.

I'm going back to school to become a phlebotomist by way of a medical coding & billing certificate. Financial aid won't pay for the vampire cert and both programs have the same prerequisites so I'm going to take the prereqs, take a quarter to do the phlebotomy units (I'll have to pay for that myself) and get a job, then finish up the coding/billing part. There are lots of jobs available here for both phlebotomy and coding/billing so I'm doubling up to make sure I'll be able to work no matter what. My main goal is that phlebotomy certificate though.

I get all puffed up like a puffer fish and it's not due to a lack of protein and I never was salt sensitive but maybe I am now... I just don't know. The nurse practitioner said not to worry about it so I'll just keep an eye on it. It's not as bad as it was pre-op thank goodness and it no longer is painful.

I'm going back to school to become a phlebotomist by way of a medical coding & billing certificate. Financial aid won't pay for the vampire cert and both programs have the same prerequisites so I'm going to take the prereqs, take a quarter to do the phlebotomy units (I'll have to pay for that myself) and get a job, then finish up the coding/billing part. There are lots of jobs available here for both phlebotomy and coding/billing so I'm doubling up to make sure I'll be able to work no matter what. My main goal is that phlebotomy certificate though.
A good vampire is HARD to find...

I have veins that phlebotomist love, Nice ropy ones that do NOT roll. I'm like an old oak with it's roots exposed.

A friend of mine (I've lost touch with her) became one, worked for the Red Cross...hated working for them as their employment policies were horrendous.

Latest posts

Back