Sunday Weigh In (12/27/2015)

A good vampire is HARD to find...

I have veins that phlebotomist love, Nice ropy ones that do NOT roll. I'm like an old oak with it's roots exposed.

A friend of mine (I've lost touch with her) became one, worked for the Red Cross...hated working for them as their employment policies were horrendous.
My veins are the same way so one time I was in the ER and the nurse attempted put the IV in my huge vein in my elbow crease and she missed. The other nurse who relieved her and put the IV in the other arm said, "she missed that jagunda vein". The other nurse said she hit a valve but that vein has been tapped about 238 times with nobody ever missing. LOL

Cameron on the other hand when he had his PE while in the Children's Hospital of Illinois, had a nurse miss 7 freaking times trying to get in another line so they could start TPA (clot busting drugs) to reduce the size of the clot on his central line from which a piece broke off. He had a baseball size hematoma on his arm for a week as a result of that piss poor care. I was out of the room going to the bathroom or something but my wife was there.....she finally said enough after the 7th miss and made them get an ultra sound. Had I been in the room that would have happened after miss two. He has had his arm infiltrated several times in the last 1.5 years from IV's......so I guess his veins are shot, even though his chemo was delivered through a port and central line.

BTW, had a couple big BM's last night and my weight popped back up to 180 this morning from 175 yesterday morning. LOL that is a big swing after pretty big dumping of contents. NOTE: I don't take these weights serious because I know it will bounce around a range, but I find it amusing.

My veins are the same way so one time I was in the ER and the nurse attempted put the IV in my huge vein in my elbow crease and she missed. The other nurse who relieved her and put the IV in the other arm said, "she missed that jagunda vein". The other nurse said she hit a valve but that vein has been tapped about 238 times with nobody ever missing. LOL

Cameron on the other hand when he had his PE while in the Children's Hospital of Illinois, had a nurse miss 7 freaking times trying to get in another line so they could start TPA (clot busting drugs) to reduce the size of the clot on his central line from which a piece broke off. He had a baseball size hematoma on his arm for a week as a result of that piss poor care. I was out of the room going to the bathroom or something but my wife was there.....she finally said enough after the 7th miss and made them get an ultra sound. Had I been in the room that would have happened after miss two. He has had his arm infiltrated several times in the last 1.5 years from IV's......so I guess his veins are shot, even though his chemo was delivered through a port and central line.

BTW, had a couple big BM's last night and my weight popped back up to 180 this morning from 175 yesterday morning. LOL that is a big swing after pretty big dumping of contents. NOTE: I don't take these weights serious because I know it will bounce around a range, but I find it amusing.
In all my years, I've only had one vampire miss...and she went "digging"...told her to stop and get another person.

For a long time, the veins in the inside of my elbow were hard to stick due to being "abused" while I was in a clinical study for peripheral neuropathy. It's taken close to 20 years to get them easy to find now.

In all my years, I've only had one vampire miss...and she went "digging"...told her to stop and get another person.

For a long time, the veins in the inside of my elbow were hard to stick due to being "abused" while I was in a clinical study for peripheral neuropathy. It's taken close to 20 years to get them easy to find now.

You're fortunate indeed! I used to have the most horrible veins ever and it wasn't uncommon for the vampires to have to stick me numerous times. Now it's not a problem, something I attribute partially to being very well hydrated now. I was always bordering on dehydration when I had the worst issues... I lived in a very warm climate and never really got all the fluids I needed.

Latest posts

Back