Sunday Weigh In (12/13/2015)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Last week 146
This week 147

Wrong direction. But I was making goodies yesterday to take to a housewarming today. So they will be out of the house soon enough.

LW: 255.8
TW: 258.2

Yikes! I haven't been eating carefully this week, but the gain is still surprising. Daughter is leaving after a week-long visit today, and so is the reason for indulging. Hanukkah is also over tomorrow, so no more excuses for eating latkes and donuts.

Last week I was showing a gain of 1.5-2 pounds. This week I REALLY focused on protein and lots of fat plus some greens, spinach salad stuff and voilà!!!! The scale moved !!!

SW 355
LW 241
TW 233.6

LW: 255.8
TW: 258.2

Yikes! I haven't been eating carefully this week, but the gain is still surprising. Daughter is leaving after a week-long visit today, and so is the reason for indulging. Hanukkah is also over tomorrow, so no more excuses for eating latkes and donuts.
Yeap, time to step away from the latkes and donuts! Remember, protein FIRST.
Last week I was showing a gain of 1.5-2 pounds. This week I REALLY focused on protein and lots of fat plus some greens, spinach salad stuff and voilà!!!! The scale moved !!!

SW 355
LW 241
TW 233.6
Good for you.

LW BMI: 33.8
TW BMI: 33.1

In onederland, barely. Nothing to celebrate for me as I always disowned any pounds above that. Except for the surgeon, I have refused to get on a scale so there is no medical record of me ever weighing out of the ones, nor had I ever gotten on the scale at home when I knew my weight was high. (I think the highest medical record weight on me is 149.) Ah, denial.

I'm still regurgitating dense protein no matter how finely it is cut up. Tried an ounce of minced chicken at noon yesterday. It sat in my stomach like lead and I was unable to eat the rest of the day and could swallow less than a cup of water. I finally made myself vomit 8 hours later -- and the chicken was still there -- just so I could get in fluids. A small amount of hamburger, chopped up while cooking until it is filaments, seems to stay down OK. Or I should say it did, as something that stays down today doesn't necessarily stay down tomorrow. I continue to be frustrated at this as the others who have gone to my surgeon were able to eat fairly normally very early on. I've contacted my surgeon to see if my reaction is normal but have not heard back as yet.

LW BMI: 33.8
TW BMI: 33.1

In onederland, barely. Nothing to celebrate for me as I always disowned any pounds above that. Except for the surgeon, I have refused to get on a scale so there is no medical record of me ever weighing out of the ones, nor had I ever gotten on the scale at home when I knew my weight was high. (I think the highest medical record weight on me is 149.) Ah, denial.

I'm still regurgitating dense protein no matter how finely it is cut up. Tried an ounce of minced chicken at noon yesterday. It sat in my stomach like lead and I was unable to eat the rest of the day and could swallow less than a cup of water. I finally made myself vomit 8 hours later -- and the chicken was still there -- just so I could get in fluids. A small amount of hamburger, chopped up while cooking until it is filaments, seems to stay down OK. Or I should say it did, as something that stays down today doesn't necessarily stay down tomorrow. I continue to be frustrated at this as the others who have gone to my surgeon were able to eat fairly normally very early on. I've contacted my surgeon to see if my reaction is normal but have not heard back as yet.
Good for you...and congrats on Onederland. You may have disowned anything above it but your body didn't.

Each of us is different. Dense protein MAY be too early for you yet. But when you try it are you lubing it with butter or full fat mayo? Or is it JUST the protein? By itself, I STILL have issues with dense protein. I have to lube mine up.

And NO one said you had to be on regular food yet. You are JUST a month out...would you force a baby to eat that soon? The sleeve part of your system is still swollen and pissy.

I didn't get to really enjoy being in Onderland as I landed there the day I weighed in just before surgery at the hospital admitting. So celebrate even tho you deny you ever got to the 2's.

Each of us is different. Dense protein MAY be too early for you yet. But when you try it are you lubing it with butter or full fat mayo? Or is it JUST the protein? By itself, I STILL have issues with dense protein. I have to lube mine up.

Hmm. This may be a factor which explains why I tolerate greasy Wendy's Chili but not plain protein. (But there was mayo in tuna fish which was not well tolerated.) I'll try eating protein in something.

LW: 174-175
TW: 170

:(

All in all a pretty shitty week for me. Friday night my arm/shoulder (encapsulitis aka, frozen shoulder) kept me up all night as it was screaming and my bloated/cramping/loose to mushy stool gut was no fun this week either. I am still waiting on Dr K to get back to me. The GI basically said after reading my SB Follow Through that he doesn't see anything medical (drug treatable is how I took it) and that he would see me in 8 weeks but that I should follow with my surgeon. He did think adhesion was very possible as he said there were sb spasms seen and some things in the folds of the SB that could indicate possible hernia or adhesion. I was able to get the shoulder/arm pain controlled and therapy is going well (did strengthening exercises on Friday and that is why it hurt so much that nigh...I am okay with that as I know the strengthening will help heal). The gut on the other hand, obviously I am gaining no weight and I feel like shit all the time. It is time to do something about it.

Hmm. This may be a factor which explains why I tolerate greasy Wendy's Chili but not plain protein. (But there was mayo in tuna fish which was not well tolerated.) I'll try eating protein in something.
I could not tolerate much fat at all until several months out. I would suggest soups and lighter stuff (puree the soup if you need to and mix in some sour cream and or peanut butter for more protein). Nuts were good for me fairly early on as well....and if you can tolerate the protein drinks find one and have that be a good protein source until you can tolerate food better. Liz is spot on with the baby stomach comparison. I was told that early on and it made great sense to me.

Good luck

Last week 146
This week 147

Wrong direction. But I was making goodies yesterday to take to a housewarming today. So they will be out of the house soon enough.
I love goodies!

As far as the pound goes, as long as you feel good and are happy, that is what matters.

If Wendy's Chili works, go for it. I couldn't stand Wendy's Chili but did good with my homemade chili.
LW: 174-175
TW: 170

:(

All in all a pretty shitty week for me. Friday night my arm/shoulder (encapsulitis aka, frozen shoulder) kept me up all night as it was screaming and my bloated/cramping/loose to mushy stool gut was no fun this week either. I am still waiting on Dr K to get back to me. The GI basically said after reading my SB Follow Through that he doesn't see anything medical (drug treatable is how I took it) and that he would see me in 8 weeks but that I should follow with my surgeon. He did think adhesion was very possible as he said there were sb spasms seen and some things in the folds of the SB that could indicate possible hernia or adhesion. I was able to get the shoulder/arm pain controlled and therapy is going well (did strengthening exercises on Friday and that is why it hurt so much that nigh...I am okay with that as I know the strengthening will help heal). The gut on the other hand, obviously I am gaining no weight and I feel like shit all the time. It is time to do something about it.
I am sorry you headed down...try to keep your spirits up altho when feeling lousy, it's hard.
I love goodies!

As far as the pound goes, as long as you feel good and are happy, that is what matters.

I love Christmas goodies too. Made Lebkuchen, Fruit and Nut Clusters (altho this ended up more like a bark than clusters), and PB fudge. And MOST got packaged to give away.

Back in the mid 90's, I started the weekend of Thanksgiving and cooked/baked until almost Christmas. But on Dec 15th 1997 with an entire house full of goodies, I was diagnosed diabetic. Went home in shock. And stared at all the stuff that was now "off limits" to me. It hasn't been the same since. When I went on an insulin pump, I did a bit more than the previous years but still nothing like before. I think this year is the most I've done in over a decade.

Last week 150.6
This week 153

Up 2.4 pounds. Not a surprise. I think the last weigh was just a loss of water after plumping up from a course of steroids then dumping the extra fluid plus some. Now, I am back to normal, fluid wise that is. Had a cortisone shot in my shoulder a few days ago. I hope the relief lasts because an hour or so after the shot and for the rest of the day/night it hurt like hell fire. Feels okay now though.

Liz....what is Lebkuchen. Obviously an ethnic food other than good ole American. :D

Hello Friends,
@Clematis try canned chicken. Swansens single serving can is packed in broth and is is really soft. I would mix it with mayo and a little pickle(no skin) minced. You are still really early out it will get better.

LW 129
TW 125
increased fat, protein, and water, reduced carbs, sugar, and eliminated alcohol.
Have a great week all
Whit

Last week 150.6
This week 153

Up 2.4 pounds. Not a surprise. I think the last weigh was just a loss of water after plumping up from a course of steroids then dumping the extra fluid plus some. Now, I am back to normal, fluid wise that is. Had a cortisone shot in my shoulder a few days ago. I hope the relief lasts because an hour or so after the shot and for the rest of the day/night it hurt like hell fire. Feels okay now though.
Up and down, up and down...feels like a damned seesaw, doesn't it?

Sorry about the cortisone shot. I've had them and for the first day, they usually hurt like hell.
Liz....what is Lebkuchen. Obviously an ethnic food other than good ole American. :D
Yeap, Lebkuchen is a German "cookie" that I first found out about while in Europe back in 1982-1984. It has a gingerbread type taste.
Recipe I used: http://www.food.com/recipe/lebkuchen-german-christmas-honey-cookies-327145 Seems my local grocery store didn't have lemon peel in their spice section so I bought a lemon and grated my own. I tend to leave out the nuts and this time, didn't do the glaze.
Hello Friends,
@Clematis try canned chicken. Swansens single serving can is packed in broth and is is really soft. I would mix it with mayo and a little pickle(no skin) minced. You are still really early out it will get better.

LW 129
TW 125
increased fat, protein, and water, reduced carbs, sugar, and eliminated alcohol.
Have a great week all
Whit

Sounds like you are doing great, Whit.

Latest posts

Back